Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke - pre-match drink

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Where is there around the ground for us to all meet up then? I will have little Gritt with me, so ideally a family friendly, away friendly pub in a shortish walk from the ground.

Is that asking too much?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Nowhere. It is a shit hole with un-friendly home fans. Best bet is to drink in the pub by the station (The Roebuck Hotel, if I remember correctly) and get a cab / bus to the ground).

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
Nowhere. It is a shit hole with un-friendly home fans. Best bet is to drink in the pub by the station (The Roebuck Hotel, if I remember correctly) and get a cab / bus to the ground).

Confirmed by me (I've been there 3 or 4 times) and by Stoke exiles at work who are currently advising me that the nearest to try for a beer is about 6 miles from the ground.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
I went there to watch a Spurs game with some Spurs supporters, none on here, and we drank in Dellilahs bar. This is the supporters bar in the home end. We had no trouble and all the fans that we came across were bloody friendly.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The supporters bar allow home and away fans to mingle? Excellent. Sounds like the old days down at Torquay.

Jan 30, 2008
there's a social club up where the sports centre is behind the away end, went there when we played midweek a few years back , they let me in

Sandaza's Nose

Jan 3, 2011
Found this on t'internet...

There are a distinct lack of pubs near to the ground as it is built away from other buildings. Therefore I would recommend that you grab a drink on the way into Stoke. There is a Holiday Inn and Harvester Pub next to the ground. Car parking in the Harvester car park costs £3. Also close to the stadium is a Power League complex that also has a bar, which also allows in away fans, shows SKY television and you can even park in their car park for £4.50. Otherwise alcohol is available at the back of the away end, but queues can be lengthy, especially if there is a big support.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
After a bit of work on Google Earth, there's an estate due south of the stadium, 1.1 miles away which looks fairly posh and probably ok to park in. There's a Toby Carvery about 1/2 mile west from here in Trentham.

Jan 30, 2008
Found this on t'internet...

There are a distinct lack of pubs near to the ground as it is built away from other buildings. Therefore I would recommend that you grab a drink on the way into Stoke. There is a Holiday Inn and Harvester Pub next to the ground. Car parking in the Harvester car park costs £3. Also close to the stadium is a Power League complex that also has a bar, which also allows in away fans, shows SKY television and you can even park in their car park for £4.50. Otherwise alcohol is available at the back of the away end, but queues can be lengthy, especially if there is a big support.

i've already said that you plank :angry:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here