Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockport sack Palmer

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Stockport sack Palmer

Stockport County have sacked manager Carlton Palmer after their poor start to the season.
The Hatters are languishing in 21st position in the Division Two table after picking up only six points from their opening eight matches.

Former England international midfielder Palmer had been in charge at Edgeley Park since November 2001 but won just 25 of his 92 matches at the helm, losing 50 of them.

Director of football John Hollins has been put in charge for the home clash with Blackpool on Saturday.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I hope Palmer doesn't start saying this is because he's black, like Ian Wright's rather ludicrous comments earlier this week about why he didn't go into management. Palmer - as I'm sure Wright would have been - is a shite manager, with (again, uncannily similar) a hugely over-inflated idea of his own worth.

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
The office photocopier is working overtime so that I can send out Fry's CV to potential employers - I live in hope rather than expectation.:rolleyes:

chemical brother said:
The office photocopier is working overtime so that I can send out Fry's CV to potential employers - I live in hope rather than expectation..

xx

Bog off. :(
It's bad enough for us already. CP up to now and now fin Lou Macari and Bryan Robson have expressed interest.

Please NO.

Dowie, pretty please :clap2:

Sorry, got the quote wrong originally.

Last edited:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Here's my favourite Carlton Palmer story (after they'd just been beaten by Carlisle United, who at the time were managed by Roddy Collins, the brother of the Irish boxer Steve Collins)

Carlton calls his players in early for training the following morning and tries to give them a bollocking. "Why did we lose last night?" he bellowed. "We lost because Carlisle showed more passion then we did. Why was that? Because they've got a passionate manager! Who's their manager? Roddy Collins. Who's their manager's brother? Barry McGuigan!"

The whole team tried to supress their giggles and he tells them to f**k off out of the dressing room...

The man's an eejit. I'm glad he's unemployed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here