Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockport game - SWINE FLU warning from the club...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:rolleyes:
Just seen this in the Argus. TOTAL overreaction by the Albion if you as me...

Albion chief executive Ken Brown has urged any Brighton fans who are currently experiencing flu-like symptoms to stay away from Withdean for Saturdays crunch League One relegation decider against Stockport County.

Amid heightening concerns at the worldwide spread of the deadly swine flu bug, the Club have issued a statement on their website in an effort to discourage fans from attending if there is a possibility of them suffering from the virus. The result of the match, which is already a 9,000 sellout, will determine whether the Seagulls avoid the drop back into League Two. Brown said: "We have taken on board advice from county medical officers, and at the moment there is no question about the game going ahead. Under the current circumstances though, we would ask that fans act responsibly, and that anyone who has been diagnosed with swine flu, or who thinks they may have contracted it, to please stay at home. We will of course offer a full refund for any tickets purchased, but would request this be sorted out over the phone and not in person".

Although no official directives have been released by the Government concerning the gathering of crowds at public and sporting events, the Albion board have decided to act in advance of any such warnings as a precaution after the World Health Organisation raised the pandemic alert level to five. Fans attending the game will have the opportunity of purchasing a souvenir surgical mask outside turnstiles for added protection and peace of mind, but the Club stressed it cannot be held responsible for anyone contracting a killer disease at the game and later dying. "We want people to come along and enjoy the match" said Brown, "but in a clean, safe environment. If anyone see's a pig on their way to the game, then stay well away from it. Do not attempt to pet it or befriend it. Just cross the road and alert the authorities We cannot risk this virus spreading amongst fans, or worse still the players, while we battle to stay in this League".

As an added precaution, hot dogs will not be on sale at the match. Burgers have also been withdrawn, due to the ambiguous origins of the meat.

Meanwhile, Russell Slade is optimistic talismanic striker Gary Hart will be ready to start against Stockport following a hamstring injury picked up last week at Huddersfield. "Harty's back in training and has had no reaction so far, so we're hopeful" said Slade. "You got a Kleenex ?" he added, before complaining of a headache as we made our excuses and left.

worry-about-swine-flu_1.jpg

"Do not befriend it." - K. Brown

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
what a load of f***ing porkies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well not to worry ..im ok, all i got is couple of rash..ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
Well i reckon OGH should stay away with his hamstring thingy. I'm bacon on us winning against stockpork etc etc etc

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I will be donning a full biohazard suit for this one.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I bet they charge a quid for the surgical masks then end up given them away free in the away end.

It will all kick off under the clock again, mark my words.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
i saw pic in paper today of man utd fan in crowd wearing a f***ing mask and white boiler suit ...i mean come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shootself

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
A return to form Mr 10. I do think though that you should post these windups as someone else before revealing it to be a post from you later on. Would suck in a lot more people that way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here