Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockport fans think its a done deal...

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
From Stockport 606 site... apparently they had an emergeny board meeting yesterday to discuss.

JIMS OFF TO BRIGHTON!
League One Stockport County
by tonyscoyle (U13736015) 24 February 2009

comment on the article

I have been toldby an EP insider that tonight will be Jim Gannons last game in charge of Stockport County, set to unveiled as Brighton manager 4pm tomorrow afternoon at the Withdean Stadium.
comment on this article | alert a moderator | send to a friend
Latest comments

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
why would he manage stockport tonight if its a done deal tomorrow? usually managers would miss the game? especially one who may want to watch us in action to see if we are the place he wants to be, and definitely in a relegation 6 pointer!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
why would he manage stockport tonight if its a done deal tomorrow? usually managers would miss the game? especially one who may want to watch us in action to see if we are the place he wants to be, and definitely in a relegation 6 pointer!

Initially I wondered the same thing.

Maybe he wanted to be a Gentleman about it and not leave them in the lurch a few hours before a game. I'm sure he will have a nice DVD to watch if he does become our manager.

To be honest, none of us really know what is going on - only time will tell.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham

Sounds reasonable: a final farewell to the players, and not leaving the club in the lurch for an important match. Then off to the Esso garage, check the oil and tyre pressure for the long drive to Brighton :clap2:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Sounds reasonable: a final farewell to the players, and not leaving the club in the lurch for an important match. Then off to the Esso garage, check the oil and tyre pressure for the long drive to Brighton :clap2:

It's not that far from Colchester!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
what we need to do is, get some spies out cheaking the motorways and hiding in the bushes outside the withdean. Maybe tap a few phones.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
what we need to do is, get some spies out cheaking the motorways and hiding in the bushes outside the withdean. Maybe tap a few phones.
tapping my phone as we speak - nothing - just a tappy noise

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

I haven't seen him in Wolverhampton today yet.

However, given that I haven't got a ruddy clue what Gannon looks like, I may have inadvertently walked past him in the street on the way to work or in my lunch break.

I hope that helps.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I haven't seen him in Wolverhampton today yet.

However, given that I haven't got a ruddy clue what Gannon looks like, I may have inadvertently walked past him in the street on the way to work or in my lunch break.

I hope that helps.

So, Wolverhapton is covered. I got Greece sorted. Nothing to report by the way. Who gonna cover the Falkland Islands??

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Jim Gannon has just been spotted in Pease Pottage Services.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Jim Gannon has just been spotted going down the M6. Is he going to Colchester or Brighton? No one knows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here