Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Arlington today...Anyone else going?:drink:

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Nice idea, not sure about taking the kids tho ,i remember when i was young bits flew of into the crowd all the time kids ages are 1,2and 10 what you think bakesy ??

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We're off to Eastbourne for the Sussex Senior Cup.
Hopefully it will stop raining as per forecast this afternoon.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
seagurn said:
Nice idea, not sure about taking the kids tho ,i remember when i was young bits flew of into the crowd all the time kids ages are 1,2and 10 what you think bakesy ??
You're normally ok if you go halfway down the straights..the big impacts are nearly always on the bends.There's a covered grandstand with bar .
Personally, i like to be on the pits bend .

Wear sunglasses, even if its not sunny, stops all the shit going in your eyes.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
seagurn said:

only real risk is them getting bored I would say, there can be quite a gap between races, especially after each of the banger races

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Bakesy said:
Arlington today...Anyone else going?:drink:

Blimey, that brings back memories. An old and long-lost friend of mine at school used to race there, Simon Lester.

Much preferred Cross in Hand though. Anyone on here used to go there on Sunday afternoons?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I used to go to Arlington all the time when I was a kid, gonna try and get there this year as an NSPer races and I wanna cheer him on!

Used to go grass track racing just past worthing...forget the name...bugging me now :angry:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I went to Arlington for the speedway, when I was young. Me and my mate always played speedway around the toilets. I can remember one day, when we had a race and we got to the first bend. He took me out by pushing me to the side, made me fall over and land on my knees.

Happy days!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
Marc said:
I used to go to Arlington all the time when I was a kid, gonna try and get there this year as an NSPer races and I wanna cheer him on!

Used to go grass track racing just past worthing...forget the name...bugging me now :angry:
Angmering?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
THANKYOU :lolol: Angmering is indeed the place, went to the grass track world finals in Devon once and went to many National Hot Rod finals at Ipswich years ago

:bowdown: George Polley :bowdown:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Re: Re: Stockcar Racing Rollcall.

Screaming J said:
Blimey, that brings back memories. An old and long-lost friend of mine at school used to race there, Simon Lester.

Much preferred Cross in Hand though. Anyone on here used to go there on Sunday afternoons?

I went to Cross-in-Hand once, it was a nice little circuit. Are the remains of it still there?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
Marc said:
THANKYOU :lolol: Angmering is indeed the place, went to the grass track world finals in Devon once and went to many National Hot Rod finals at Ipswich years ago

:bowdown: George Polley :bowdown:
Now you're f***ing talking.......GEORGE POLLEY is a LEGEND. I remember some great battles with BARRY LEE, another super driver.National HOTRODS is WICKERD.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Bakesy said:
Now you're f***ing talking.......GEORGE POLLEY is a LEGEND. I remember some great battles with BARRY LEE, another super driver.National HOTRODS is WICKERD.

Duffy Collard was the dirtiest though.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
the best final was when he just could'nt get past Phil White in the chequered starlet (see below). Norman Woolsey in the Royal Mail car was Genius too!

aahh the good old days!

Attachments

• philwhite_georgepolley_1988.jpg
    philwhite_georgepolley_1988.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 287

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
Remember Paul Warwick....shit he was quick.
Sadly RIP, died in a formula 3 race at Aulton Park if memory serves me correct.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Damn, this takes me back. Dad was a stock car driver in the late 60s for a couple of seasons and we used to go all over the place - Yarmouth, Ipswich, Aldershot (my favourite - Thursday evenings), Wimbledon and of course Arlington.

I remember such great names as Todd Sweeney, Derek Fiske and Aubrey Dance.

I haven't been to any of them for ages though.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
m20gull said:
Damn, this takes me back. Dad was a stock car driver in the late 60s for a couple of seasons and we used to go all over the place - Yarmouth, Ipswich, Aldershot (my favourite - Thursday evenings), Wimbledon and of course Arlington.

I remember such great names as Todd Sweeney, Derek Fiske and Aubrey Dance.

Wasn't he 'Foxy' Dance who had a toy fox on his stock car roof?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here