Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stitched up at work, what would you do...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Take it on the chin, fight your case and hope you win. Or do you fight fire with fire, phone up important people and dish some well stored, but relevant, dirt? Fling mud with the mudflingers, or be dignified and wait for your time?

No poll, I don't mean to triviliase this. Honest replies would be good, please.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How long have you been working there for? How serious is the stitch up? Is the offender in cohorts with those residing at the top of the tree?

Out of principle, I would go in all guns blazing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fight your corner and blast the fucker out the water

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it would really rather depand on how one was stitched up.

we want gory detail dammit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be honest we need to know otherwise cannot really advise

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
hmmmm.....it would depend on how serious the stich-up was. If it was enough to lose you a position/reputation or affect your wages negatively then yeah all guns blazing it is. If its something more like having to take on extra work/responsibilities then I personally would take my time working out a cast-iron plan :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If you are going to go for it I would enjoy Christmas first. Bearing in mind that by stirring up shit you could easily be talking yourself out of a job I think a stress free holiday is probably a good idea :)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Thanks to Barrel and Ernest, who I am negotiating with.. Everyone else, I can't say too much.

But I am considering an all out offensive. Need to consider it a little bit first, but option is there...

Embrace

Oct 28, 2011
Had a very similar incident to yours in the past week... My boss was being totally unreasonable (again don't want to go into too much detail!!) and I was left feeling completely s**t about myself.. She wasn't expecting me to turn up with my resignation letter the next day.

Now let's just say I received a lovely apologetic letter begging me to rethink, and a Christmas present in the post today.

Hope you sort it out anyway!

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
i did an all guns blazing once - ended up having to leave with a lump of cash....was going to leave anyway so went for it.

you cant win, as if you do, they can make it a nightmare for you politically.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Obviously I dont know what happened but may I recommend you read a couple of books for ideas? The Prince and The Art of War by Macciavelli.

Women are a dab hand at poisoning the work environment with office politics, strategy is as important as detail of events.:)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
File a bullying report with HR & arrange meets with your union rep & your bosses boss...'they don't like it up em'

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I got totally stitched up about 3 years ago, wish I did more about it but was suffering depression at the time and couldn't really be bothered. I was signed off sick and whilst off they pinned something on me which resulted in my dismissal. I now look back with so much anger and would love to have it out with them but I have bow moved on and restarted my career and am no longer suffering depression. Am still bitter though about how I was treated.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
whatever you do, only deal with FACT...

Hearsay is no good, always document everything, and have an independent person to sit in any meetings you have. And MOST importantly keep calm, if they see you are getting flustered or confused they will twist what you say.

Embrace

Oct 28, 2011
whatever you do, only deal with FACT...

Hearsay is no good, always document everything, and have an independent person to sit in any meetings you have. And MOST importantly keep calm, if they see you are getting flustered or confused they will twist what you say.

This is totally the best thing to do.
Calmly state the facts, and only the facts. You can't really go wrong if you stick to the facts and look calm and collected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here