Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Still Have the Mud On.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
The Boots are still in their original state and have never been cleaned. Look at them sometimes and it brings back memories of the entire season and what a fight is was.

My son still wants to wear them when his feet are big enough.

Watching tomorrow will bring back all the memories of that near fateful day. Will spend some time thinking of the players who played that season who actually cared about the Albion.

BHAFC have given me some of my greatest memories.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You are aware that most people who were on the terrace at Edgar Street that fateful day think you really are a twat of the highest order?

Got a picture of the boots, as they are today, for us to admire?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
This just got interesting. Who is Gem and why is he a twat?

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
LOL Bozza that made me laugh.............

9 years ago and still people moan. I guess everyone really has had perfect behaviour at the football eh!!!!

I dont have any pictures but they look much the same as the Avtar

Bradley

Sep 19, 2008
Jealousy is not a very nice trait I guess

Dear Gem

No it is not, but then neither is selfishness. I'll wager that you are the kind of person who feels it acceptable to stand up in seating areas, with no regards for others less fortunate who are unable to do so.

Yours Truly,
Bradley

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Dear Gem

No it is not, but then neither is selfishness. I'll wager that you are the kind of person who feels it acceptable to stand up in seating areas, with no regards for others less fortunate who are unable to do so.

Yours Truly,
Bradley

fuuucking hell mate - dont take the moral high ground eh.

I know of LOADS of people that STAND in seating areas, me being one of them.

i usually head nearer the back so as not to get in the way but dont go getting all lemon just with one person!

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Hi Bradley,
I have to say wherever possible I do stand in the seating areas.

Im fortunate enough to know what its like to stand amoungst 1000's of fans during a game long before the all seater stadium was born.

The atmosphere as Im sure most will agree is much better when standing than sitting down.

If the people in front of me stand when were on the attack, I just stand too. Thats life Im not one of these people who moan because the guy or girl in front of me keeps standing up. SO WHAT they paid their money they are entitled to do what they want IMHO.

Your comment is rather silly in as much as go to the football watch the game and let people do what they want. You dont own them and never will. Next time someone stands up in front of you, dont moan just stand up. Your be back in your little seat before you know it

Bradley

Sep 19, 2008
Dear Brighton till I die,

It has nothing remotely to do with moral high ground. It is common courtesy. People have paid for their seats, and are entitled to a view of the match, from their seated position.

Remember that some people are unable to stand for long periods, due to age or infirmity. These people are also entitled to an unobstructed view of the game. Or would you wish to ban the elderly and the infirm from attending?

I'm sure that you are a thoroughly nice person and take great care to position yourself where you are not inconviniencing others. Some however, just stand anywhere, as though that were their right, and frankly it is selfish, iresponsible and unfair.

I have and will always continue to report such offenders to the relevant authorities.

Yours Truly,
Bradley

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Bradley,
Reporting people to the authorities is so childish.

Its a good job you dont have a ticket for the KOP at Liverpool, my god you would get them ALL thrown out

Bradley

Sep 19, 2008
Next time someone stands up in front of you, dont moan just stand up. Your be back in your little seat before you know it

Dear Gem

If that is supposed to be a joke at the expense of my disability, then it is in very, very poor taste.

No doubt you are one of those in support of the distasteful Mr Hart.

I no longer wish to converse with you.

Good day,
Bradley.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Dear Brighton till I die,

It has nothing remotely to do with moral high ground. It is common courtesy. People have paid for their seats, and are entitled to a view of the match, from their seated position.

Remember that some people are unable to stand for long periods, due to age or infirmity. These people are also entitled to an unobstructed view of the game. Or would you wish to ban the elderly and the infirm from attending?

I'm sure that you are a thoroughly nice person and take great care to position yourself where you are not inconviniencing others. Some however, just stand anywhere, as though that were their right, and frankly it is selfish, iresponsible and unfair.

I have and will always continue to report such offenders to the relevant authorities.

Yours Truly,
Bradley

i agree to stand infront of people unable to do so is naughty, fair enough.

thats why stand like Ninian Park (half seats at front, half terrace at back) is ideal as people going to footie have different needs/desires in how to watch the game and get involved.

i have been thrown out a few times for "breaking ground rules" and that is the sorry state this game is in at the minute, in my opionion of course.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Don't let him off the hook by turning this into a 'standing in seats' debate. The point is - at the Albion's most important game ever, he prevented loads of people from getting a good view of the game, despite being asked again and again and again to get down off the fence.

I can't claim it was the only lowlight of that day (the dreadful quality of the football, and the locals attempting GBH on us are in that category!) but it was realy disappointing when everyone else had a sense of us all pulling together.

Gem - you must be about 30 by now, which is old enough to look back and say 'sorry - I was really selfish there'.

WnW

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
LOL I must say that did make me chuckle.

My vision of your person is a little blank at the moment I can nearly see you............ahhhhh there you are Im such an idiot. Silly me I knew by your writing that you were less fortunate than some.

Harty is a very old friend of mine that dates back to the early 80's. He helped this club in his way during some of the dark days.

And I think he stands during his chat show after the game, I will tell him hes a naughty naughty boy

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Was not Was
Dont make me laugh, prevented people from seeing the game.

10 minutes max was the time. I should know.

Did you miss anything important NO! did you miss the own goal no! did you miss Robbies goal No!

Its 9 years later now, Im not sorry for being on the fence for that amount of time. I paid my money, I tried, Ifailed so what.

Thanks for the age tho....... wish I still was...45 now

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was not Was
Dont make me laugh, prevented people from seeing the game.

10 minutes max was the time. I should know.

Did you miss anything important NO! did you miss the own goal no! did you miss Robbies goal No!

Its 9 years later now, Im not sorry for being on the fence for that amount of time. I paid my money, I tried, Ifailed so what.

Thanks for the age tho....... wish I still was...45 now

I really think you should show a little bit of humility here. You are obvious still oblivious to the anger your antics caused. I don't think it affected my view of the pitch much, but there were a load of people who suffered.

Regardless, the point is - some people ask you to get down - you just do it. Well, most would and you obviously didn't.

And I recall it as being a lot more than 10 minutes too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here