Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stevie G hand shandy

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The cards placed in the Kop for the crowd to hold up have printed on the back "The best there is, the best there was, the best there will ever be".

Erm...fair play for singlehandedly dragging some pretty crap Liverpool sides up a level over the years, Shtevie, but "the best" seems to be overdoing it just a tad if you ask me.

Just another example of the building up of above average English players into some sort of God, I'm afraid. Good player but that is all he is.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
image.jpgimage.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Come on Palace

Steady on now! Far too much Gerrard-hype around, but even I wouldn't stoop to hoping Palace win.

Imagine Shtevie gets too caught up in all the emotion (wouldn't be the first time) and makes an appalling tackle on a Palace player. It's going to take a referee with balls of steel to wave a red at him in front of his home crowd today, isn't it?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It's almost like everyone's forgotten that he's not actually retiring, just moving on from Liverpool.

I can't understand why anyone outside of those circles would be that bothered, he's hardly been a Scholes or Lampard has he?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's almost like everyone's forgotten that he's not actually retiring, just moving on from Liverpool.

I can't understand why anyone outside of those circles would be that bothered, he's hardly been a Scholes or Lampard has he?

Or even Giggs.

Let's face it, for anyone out of Liverpool he is just a bit meh, never really did it for England.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Or even Giggs.

Let's face it, for anyone out of Liverpool he is just a bit meh, never really did it for England.
To be fair to him (which pains me), barring Ashley Cole (maybe Lampard), is there anyone that has consistently delivered in an England shirt over the last decade?

You're right about Giggs though, astonishing career and he had nothing like the farewell tour Gerrard has seemingly been on.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
To be fair to him (which pains me), barring Ashley Cole (maybe Lampard), is there anyone that has consistently delivered in an England shirt over the last decade?

You're right about Giggs though, astonishing career and he had nothing like the farewell tour Gerrard has seemingly been on.

You are of course correct, but I don't buy into this English Legend Bollocks.

A couple of 1/4 finals isn't rely legendary!

Because he is a scouser somehow that makes him a bit more special.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Sickening Sky love fest.
Come on Palace, piss on his parade !

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
SkyBet have 60/1 for a Gerrard red card. Worth a pop, even if he'd probably have to punch Pardew (please), kick Zaha eight feet up in the air, call the referee a fat ******* ****, and take a crap in the gardens of Buckingham Palace to earn any more than a yellow today.

4/9 that he kisses the badge to camera in 90 minutes though.

1/5 that he's subbed, 7/2 that he's not. 25/1 that he misses a penalty.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Always seemed content to be a big fish in a medium sized pond at best.

Despite what Sky will tell us ad infinitum, that's the reason he never moved to a really big club and collected the kind of medal haul that actual world class players have.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
In light of the Stirling work Palace fans have done for REMF over the years, for one night only tonight I am hoping for a Palace win

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Christ redknapp junior is full of shite dear o dear...He was better than lampard and Viera now lol

No no, he was all those players wrapped in one.

outrageously over the top.

He was a very good premiership player, they are making him out to be world class superstar.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
SkyBet have 60/1 for a Gerrard red card. Worth a pop, even if he'd probably have to punch Pardew (please), kick Zaha eight feet up in the air, call the referee a fat ******* ****, and take a crap in the gardens of Buckingham Palace to earn any more than a yellow today.

4/9 that he kisses the badge to camera in 90 minutes though.

1/5 that he's subbed, 7/2 that he's not. 25/1 that he misses a penalty.

Imagine if he went through someone in the first 30 seconds.... That would almost be as good as the slip

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here