Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Grant or Ian Hart

Who would you prefer to host the phone-in?

• Steven Grant

Votes: 50 46.3%
  • Ian Hart

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Harty for me......just wish they could get another commentator who actually doesn't keep makling mistakes all the way thru the match..and maybe one who is a little more pro Albion as well....new bloke is just so poor

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I didn't enjoy hearing Harts complete biased opinion of Adams all season long.
I don't think he's particularly professional.

But I can't help but like him, Harty for me.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
is ian watching boxing somewhere - where Hart, where he?

I saw him in the North Stand yesterday I am sure.

If we had someone polished and professional it would be just another dull Fab FM phone in, for all his faults I like Ian very much, its what makes the phone in so good, is sometimes just how BAD it is!!

Also its bloody hard sometimes to fill the show with anyone other than the usual suspects that phone in.

I like Harty however the phone in needs freshening up with a new host.

Harty could be still involved e.g. fans opinions pre/post match & at half time.

However his blinkered view on certain issues e.g. Adams, and over optimistic the glass is always not just half full but brimming over - irritates me

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I prefer Harty but must admit it is the only program I listen to on SCR as the general standard of SCR is dropping drastically with all of their awfiul presenters especially in the afternoon and drive time, which always used to be good listening but sadly no longer.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Grant is absolutely superb as the compere at the Komedia. He is often better than the acts he introduces. As for the phone-in, he offers a bit of variety but Harty is still no1 imho.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I prefer Harty but must admit it is the only program I listen to on SCR as the general standard of SCR is dropping drastically with all of their awfiul presenters especially in the afternoon and drive time, which always used to be good listening but sadly no longer.

They are reverting to Radio Sussex at the end of the month. I doubt it will change much though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They are reverting to Radio Sussex at the end of the month. I doubt it will change much though.

Are they getting Richard Lindfield back instead of those awful women presenters is it Allison Fearns and Sarah Gorrell ? Blackmore, absolutley awful they make the old fashioned Womens Hour sound sophisticated and that is why it is never on in our household or car.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I love them both. There's a tinge of funniness every time Stephen Grant does it, and he's far more coherent, both qualities that go with his day job I suppose. But Harty is beautiful in his ramshackle, going-to-say-something-incomprehensibly-daft-any-minute way. They should both be part of the SCR coverage, as should Ferret who is always extremely sharp on there.

Unfortunately I can't listen to it any more because the girl who reads out the texts is so annoying it makes me want to simultaneously cry and headbutt a radiator.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Komedy Steve's the one for me... hey hey :jester:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I didn't enjoy hearing Harts complete biased opinion of Adams all season long.
I don't think he's particularly professional.

But I can't help but like him, Harty for me.

I would imagine that Ian wouldn't claim to be 'professional' as a radio presenter, could be wrong though.

Gotta be harty for me as well, that cheekiness and love of the club still come through.

And he wasn't alone in his relentess support for Mickey, let's face it.

And he wasn't alone in his relentess support for Mickey, let's face it.

Chatting with an 'Adams-experienced' player yesterday, I was told that MA was not suddenly a poor manager but that the players were not performing - so it was down to them for our crap position.
That seems to me to be just as 'down to Adams' as any option!
If players don't perform - that IS the fault of the manager, let's face it.

But as for Harty's support of Adams - I think a lot of that stems from his historic first period at BHA. No-one wanted to seem dishonourable about keeping faith with him - including Dick Knight. Shame that honour didn't stretch very far for Dean Wilkins, in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here