Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Gillespe Gone to......

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To be fair the original thread wasn't obviously named, and has dropped down the list a bit.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We've only gone and beaten Aston Villa to win the Charity Shield!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is Charlie Webb going to be fit for the Charity Shield?

A friends sent me a telegram saying he might be injured...

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
I'm having Smith to score the winner today @12/1

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
Old news or Knew news either way i couldn´t give a shit, its very frustrating when you here of a young talent who had more to his game than the majority of centre forwards in this league slip out of our hands to go to a smaller less ambitious club.
400k does seem alot of money for anyone in our division but when you consider how much the albion have spent on transfer fees this summer it makes you wonder if its another one of those hope for the best seasons.
Gillespie is a player who would of filled all the holes in our team, flair, pace, skill and the ability to take matters into his own hands as proven for Cheltenham.

I can´t complain about the currenty signings but i cant see us ever having a better chance to sign someone of that ability and age while playing in league 1.
If i were a Colchester fan I´d be creaming my pants right now over the prospect of a bit of magic you rarely see in league 1.
We need some flair in the middle, a player who scores goals and someone who can bring back the fans, I think the pocket needs some dusting.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Old news or Knew news either way i couldn´t give a shit, its very frustrating when you here of a young talent who had more to his game than the majority of centre forwards in this league slip out of our hands to go to a smaller less ambitious club.
400k does seem alot of money for anyone in our division but when you consider how much the albion have spent on transfer fees this summer it makes you wonder if its another one of those hope for the best seasons.
Gillespie is a player who would of filled all the holes in our team, flair, pace, skill and the ability to take matters into his own hands as proven for Cheltenham.

I can´t complain about the currenty signings but i cant see us ever having a better chance to sign someone of that ability and age while playing in league 1.
If i were a Colchester fan I´d be creaming my pants right now over the prospect of a bit of magic you rarely see in league 1.
We need some flair in the middle, a player who scores goals and someone who can bring back the fans, I think the pocket needs some dusting.

I agree. If we were sniffing around, then it says a lot about our ambition if he chose Colchester over us.

But of course, we may never have been in the hunt, so it's all irrelevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here