Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steven Alzate departs

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
ALZATE DEPARTS

Midfielder Steven Alzate will leave Albion when his contract expires at the end of June.

The 25-year-old midfielder joined us in 2017 and made 72 appearances for the club in all competitions including 52 starts.

For the last two seasons he has been on loan with Standard Liege in Belgium and played 47 times for them in all competitions.

Technical director David Weir said, “We would like to thank Steven for his efforts during his time with the club and wish him all the very best for the future.”

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
One that got away? Always felt his attitude was wrong. Failed the dickhead test with his "cartel" entourage!

Fiskmås

The "cartel" entourage was news to me, not sure what to make of it. Always thought he put a shift in and tidy with the ball at his feet. A shame he couldn't kick on to the next level, so nearly there.

Surprised they let the contract run down, he must have been worth at least a few servings of fish and chips last summer window.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
A player I really enjoyed watching. I loved his short passing in tight areas. A beautifully balanced and elegant midfielder. Probably not the action man we need in there now.

One of those that without the benefit of seeing him in training every day, was always surprised wasn't playing more than he did under different managers.

All the best Steven

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
One that got away? Always felt his attitude was wrong. Failed the dickhead test with his "cartel" entourage!

First I’ve ever heard about this. Or is it just a case of “son of immigrants who grew up in London has friends”?

His attitude always seemed pretty spot on to me. He just isn’t quite good enough to be a top half Prem player. I wish him well, had a few cracking games for us (Newcastle & Liverpool away) so gutted it hasn’t worked out for him. He’ll be a great pick-up for someone.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Shame. I felt he showed glimpses under RDZ but ultimately it never panned out.

Would do well top end Champ I expect.
He never played under RDZ (not sure he was even on the US tour) as he was out on loan for both seasons.

Always seemed to have a decent attitude and hopefully he’ll have a good career elsewhere. Scored a winner at Anfield too, which not many others have done for us. His debut against Newcastle was a great performance too.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

A Potter player par excellence - doesn’t suggest daddy is coming back

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Same. Never looked anywhere near our aspired level even under Potter
Never? Have a look at @miffy6's videos from the game v Man Utd in lockdown.

I also remember him and Bissouma running rings around Newcastle. There was a time during lockdown when I thought that he may be the best young Lallana like midfielder we had. Thanks Steven and good luck. It's a shame that, as with so many talented players, a bit of bad luck with injuries at the wrong times, stymied progress.

Will always be remembered for his winner at Anfield, back when that kind of thing seemed like a miracle:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I never got the hype around him
Same. Always thought his decision making was poor, and he never seemed to get any better. Back when we were relegation battlers under Hughton he was the right kind of level of player, but we've outgrown him.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
A Potter player par excellence - doesn’t suggest daddy is coming back
Eh? Potter never rated him at all. And Alzate apparently wasn't a fan of Potter either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here