Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Tilson???

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Why on earth would we want him??? What has he ever done??? Is managing a club on a small budget good enough? I just don't get it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Probably caused by a punter placing a £30 bet. :laugh:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Steve Tilson is an interesting one.

He's a very good manager, especially at this level. The bloke did wonders at Southend, and got them punching way above their weight in the Championship. He can't do any more there, and they're financially knackered, so you can easily see what's in it for him.

I suspect that he'd do a very good job for us, but would just have to cope with a lot of disappointment from fans expecting a bigger name.

He could save me financially - done some money on Coppell, had a saver on Tilson at 11-1. But you could tell yesterday that this was still wide open, even with Coppell at 4-7. They would have closed the market if it was definite. The bookies have had a right result.

buller89

Aug 9, 2007
Horsham
In March 2004 Tilson was offered the job of manager of Southend on a full-time basis, and accepted the offer.

In the following two seasons, Tilson took Southend to two consecutive promotions from League Two to the Championship

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I like tilson as a manager, and southend play some very good football. Also it would be good if he brought Adam Barrett with him, he would sort out the defence.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I like tilson as a manager, and southend play some very good football. Also it would be good if he brought Adam Barrett with him, he would sort out the defence.

Agreed. Add Barnard up front to that and we'd be well on our way. Tilson's exactly the kind of manager I want at our club. Even so, Southend are undeniably a far better team than we are at the moment and a more attractive footballing proposition. However, we appear to be on more stable financial footing and obviously the stadium is an incentive in itself. I will be a bit sad for them if it goes tits up, because they're a nice club and have built a decent side over a number of years now. However, if it means we get Tilson, Barrett and Barnard, bring it on.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Micky Adams did the same with us 1st time round. We need a big name to get decent players in.
Tilson managed to bring the likes of Eastwood, Barnard, Grant, Gower, Bailey and more to Southend without having a "big name".

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Would be more than happy with him, has done a very good job at southend, and the possibility of Barnard, Grant, and Barret.
Oh and Jean francois christophe :love:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I've always been impressed by Southends performances when playing us. Has been decent football at a fast pace. So I'd have no problem with him getting the job tbh.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've always been impressed by Southends performances when playing us. Has been decent football at a fast pace. So I'd have no problem with him getting the job tbh.

Agreed, quite simply they always seem to look much better than us when we play them.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Tilson would be tremendous if he would come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here