Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell

Bevendean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Bevendean
Right when i posted on here over a year ago that coppell had got the job some six hours before it was annouced. Safeway took the piss out of me for spelling coppell"s name wrong. Ok my information turned out to be true. Today i have spoken to the same person who gave me that information. He has said that coppell is Almost certain to go.He has also said that cotterill has been interviewed for the job. And that ian dowie is in there for the job as well.

Last edited:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
My complete guess based on no facts at all:

SC goes
We get £200k compensation
Ian Dowie comes in pretty quick

I shall claim my plastic peanut when all this comes true.

Right - I've got work to do.

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Deano's Right Foot said:
My complete guess based on no facts at all:

SC goes
We get £200k compensation
Ian Dowie comes in pretty quick

I shall claim my plastic peanut when all this comes true.

Right - I've got work to do.

First guess..... FACT
Second guess.........probably a good guess
Third guess......well he is favourite isn't he

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ian Dowie is not coming here. Why would he jump one financially f***ed outfit with 6.5k fans at home on a very good day for another one?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ian Dowie hasn't got a contract. We are not in any financial trouble whatsover.

Next?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Beavendean Gull - useful information but we've known Coppell's " almost certain" to go for days now haven't we.

I'm greatly worried to hear that Steve Cotterill's been interviewed though. Even if we were playing at county league level, I wouldn't want that man anywhere near the Albion job.

I'm with Trigger on this one, Joe Kineear if/when Coppell goes.

PS. Does anyone now think that even if Coppell decided to stay he's burnt a lot of his bridges?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
How will he pursuade potential signings - even it was only for a three month loan you'd have to be pretty sceptical about him being there at the end of it. :nono:

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
Bevendean Gull said:
Right when i posted on here over a year ago that coppell had got the job some six hours before it was annouced. Safeway took the piss out of me for spelling coppell"s name wrong. Ok my information turned out to be true. Today i have spoken to the same person who gave me that information. He has said that coppell is Almost certain to go.He has also said that cotterill has been interviewed for the job. And that ian dowie is in there for the job as well.
Coppell certain to go, I am shocked

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here