Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
On Goals on Sunday on sky sports saying he wants to get back in to football........im a Slade fan and want him to have time to get things right but if things dont improve in a few months would love to see Coppell back, the best manager to grace Withdean.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
We have a run of fairly easy games, starting with Wycombe on Saturday. Slade should be given five games to get it right, if he doesn't then Coppell is exactly the sort of manager to take his place.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
f*** Coppell, bring back WILKINS! :bowdown:

In all seriousness let's keep the faith with Slade. I like him a lot, and I firmly believe he deserves a chance.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
uumm did you learn NOTHING from Mickey Adams coming back?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm a definite advocate of keeping Slade at this stage, but if he were to go I would LOVE to see Coppell back here.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am in the never go back camp so would not want SC back. He maybe a good manager but I am sure that there are others as good who we could get especially with Falmer now in sight. In the mean time give Slade another month to turn it around.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
so was Mickey the first time round! but Coppell is much better granted
Not taking anything away from Micky's first spell here he was good but as a manager hes not a patch on Coppell, If Coppell came back i cant see him being a complete failure like Micky was second time. Maybe he would fancy the challenge of taking us up with Falmer just round the corner!! I think if we chucked in some free tickets for Ladyboys of Bangkok next year hed be here like a shot!!!

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
I have to remind everybody that we have a manager, and a bloody good one too. La Copp would have no hesitation in reminding you of that. Another good manager that this club hounded out is doing rather well with another club. I wish that some of you would get out of this mentallity of clumping together a clutch of results, and determining the qualities of a manager. It takes time to create a team, and to get it ticking over. Russell Slade has only been here five minutes.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Coppell was one of the best manager's we ever had, and I was sad to see him go - but for pity's sake, remember the Golden Rule - "Never Go Back". Think Mullery, think Adams - they were both pretty good first time round. Anyway, we need to stick with RS a bit longer. Last season he showed that he is brilliant at fire-fighting - now he has to show he can build a team. Not looking good on that score so far - wheeling and dealing not his strong point, perhaps?
But stick with him now - but if he can't turn it around, don't hang about as long as we did with MA last season - if the team doesn't improve, then there's got to be change before Christmas (as long as it's not Denis Wise) rather than after the New Year (ie before the transfer window, not during or after it).

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
İbrahim Tatlıses;3101872 said:
This season is increasingly looking like a carbon copy of last season.

Nonsense, we started well last season.

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
Coppell was one of the best manager's we ever had, and I was sad to see him go - but for pity's sake, remember the Golden Rule - "Never Go Back". Think Mullery, think Adams - they were both pretty good first time round. Anyway, we need to stick with RS a bit longer. Last season he showed that he is brilliant at fire-fighting - now he has to show he can build a team. Not looking good on that score so far - wheeling and dealing not his strong point, perhaps?
But stick with him now - but if he can't turn it around, don't hang about as long as we did with MA last season - if the team doesn't improve, then there's got to be change before Christmas (as long as it's not Denis Wise) rather than after the New Year (ie before the transfer window, not during or after it).

Adams would not have had success at Brighton without Zamora. Take Zamora out of the side where did the goals come from. Mullery inherited the basis of a good side, like Adams look at his managerial record away from BH&A. Coppell, as he said himself, was beginning to built something, then DK showed little fight in trying to keep him at the club. Given a decent budged on players and with his reputation he would be able to attract a better calibur of player to our club, but this is all irrelevant. Two more losses from the next two games then it will be time to speculate but for the moment all get behind RS

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Adams would not have had success at Brighton without Zamora. Take Zamora out of the side where did the goals come from. Mullery inherited the basis of a good side, like Adams look at his managerial record away from BH&A. Coppell, as he said himself, was beginning to built something, then DK showed little fight in trying to keep him at the club. Given a decent budged on players and with his reputation he would be able to attract a better calibur of player to our club, but this is all irrelevant. Two more losses from the next two games then it will be time to speculate but for the moment all get behind RS

Happy to get behind Slade but if Virgo blasts another free kick into the wall or into row 7 then he is going to get some justified stick. If he also fails to pick Dicker then again, he deserves all the stick he will get, shortly before being sacked for Coppell.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Nonsense, we started well last season.

Maybe...

but this is the second season in a row where we have brought in a new manager, who has in turn brought in his own players, and for whatever reason it is not working - at the moment.

All right minded Albion supporters have a right to be puzzled, if not concerned ?

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
That's why he took us down from the Championship

He may have done but didnt he have a 10 point or so defecit to deal with and if i remember rightly he took us out of the relegation zone at one point only for us to go down on the last day. The team he built in a short space of time played some of the best football we've played and at a higher level than we are at now. .............i am fully behind Slade though and hope he gets enough time cos im sure this team will click and comfortably finish in the top half but if things dont work why would Bloom bring in Wise when Coppell is sitting there looking for a job!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here