Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell lied

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
This time last week I respected Steve Coppell by refusing to continue discussing the Reading job with Madejski because we had a game coming up in 48 hours. He said it would take the players' minds off the game in hand.

Seven days (exactly) later and he is leaving us with 48 hours to prepare for another big game. It would appear that Coppell lied to us. He made a big thing about being a man of honour and not wanting to disrupt us when he didn't have a deal on the table and then when he did have it in writing dropped us like a stone with the same amount of notice.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not crying tears over his departure (he has no loyalty to anyone but Palace) but I just wanted to make it clear that someone has seen through him and picked up on what he has done.

All the respect for him I had last week has now vanished because I see it was only ever himself he was thinking of. Coppell won't lose any sleep over my about-turn but I wanted to vent my feelings anyway.

We must all get behind Booker this weekend and see who Dick Knight comes up with this time. (Please, please, please, please not Rix).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here