Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coogan

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I was lucky enough to receive the complete Coogan boxed set as a present yesterday. I was reading the back and one of the series discs is called Saxondale, I’d never heard of it but a friend said it was shit. Anyone seen it?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Saxondale made me chuckle. Not spectacular, but it's worth a watch.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Personally thought it was dead funny and well worth a watch...

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Thanks chaps.

I have 14 discs to watch !GULP! so wanted to see how far up the pecking order it should be.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Saxondale was brilliant, I'd highly recommend it; I liked Partridge a lot but didn't quite see what so much fuss was about. And his live show last year was an utter train wreck.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Saxondale was funny, awful, hilarious, cringeworthy all in one show, class tellyvisual stuff

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gareth Cheeseman is one character of his I wish we'd seen more of.

And MoH is right about Coogan's live show last year. Utter gash.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Isn't Nessa from Gav&Stace Saxondale's girlfriend?

No.. looks like her though. The lady in Saxondale (and Little Britain) is Morwenna Banks.. David Baddiel's partner.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah Saxondale is quality, not as laugh out loud as Partridge but clever writing.

Also, Saxondale IS Kosh.

Mellotron.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yeah Saxondale is quality, not as laugh out loud as Partridge but clever writing.

Also, Saxondale IS Kosh.

Mellotron.

Saxondale is on a par in my book....

Oh and Saxondale is Atilla the Saxondale, sorry Stockbroker.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I struggle to mentally accept Coogan as anyone other than Partridge. Even when he's being Coogan (like on Top Gear when he was the star in the reasonably priced car), he was still 20% Coogan, 80% Partridge. I think he is chronically aware of this, and desperately tries NOT to appear Partridge-like, but I'm afraid he is fighting a losing battle.

Apparently Coogan is a bit of a dick in real life as well. I didn't see it meself, but heard about one of those daft film-star interviews Tubes does for Soccer AM. He did one with Coogan, fired a stupid question at him and flapped his lips, and Coogan looked at him like something that had crawled out from under a rock, didn't enter into the spirit of it at all.

OK, those Tubes interviews are fairly tiresome at times, and the jokes worn a bit thin, but at least the likes of Matt Damon and Samuel L Jackon humour the guy a bit.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Gareth Cheeseman is one character of his I wish we'd seen more of.

And MoH is right about Coogan's live show last year. Utter gash.

IMHO Coogan's Run was his finest hour - Cheeseman, Paul and Pauline 'Lulu' Calf and all the rest. Nothing else he's done comes close.

Cheesman (on the phone) "Yeah, yeah just you and me, we'll go out and paint the town, shoot some pool get absolutely rat-arsed, yeah, yeah, nice one, alright mum, bye, bye."

:bowdown:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I struggle to mentally accept Coogan as anyone other than Partridge. Even when he's being Coogan (like on Top Gear when he was the star in the reasonably priced car), he was still 20% Coogan, 80% Partridge. I think he is chronically aware of this, and desperately tries NOT to appear Partridge-like, but I'm afraid he is fighting a losing battle.

Apparently Coogan is a bit of a dick in real life as well. I didn't see it meself, but heard about one of those daft film-star interviews Tubes does for Soccer AM. He did one with Coogan, fired a stupid question at him and flapped his lips, and Coogan looked at him like something that had crawled out from under a rock, didn't enter into the spirit of it at all.

OK, those Tubes interviews are fairly tiresome at times, and the jokes worn a bit thin, but at least the likes of Matt Damon and Samuel L Jackon humour the guy a bit.

My Exs is the manager for La fitness where he goes, the few times he has seen him in there he has asked her to shut the gym off so he wont be bothered, when she refused he gave the do you not know who i am line.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
My Exs is the manager for La fitness where he goes, the few times he has seen him in there he has asked her to shut the gym off so he wont be bothered, when she refused he gave the do you not know who i am line.

Why are people so surprised or bothered by this? If we took umbrage at every celebrity who is a tosser or who doesn't want to be bothered by the 'great' British public in real life we'd have very few comedy/film/TV idols to chose from. There is always a downside to genius, look at John Cleese or Paul McCartney, it's part of the package.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Saxondale was well-written, good cast and very amusing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here