Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephan Ireland a Prick?

Dublin_Seagull

Jul 14, 2003
Dublin . Ireland
Hi from Dublin. Just liek to know what the rest of you guys think of Stephan Ireland refusing to play for his country??.
If ask by your country to play for their football would you turn them down??
Plus How many Grannies does the Prick Have ??

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually

Hi from Dublin. Just liek to know what the rest of you guys think of Stephan Ireland refusing to play for his country??.

Lol have you seen his football flourish,coz i have,£60-70-80k a week? lol if thats a prick,i dont mind being called prick either,i think he doing a 1 man stand over better players not getting picked at a younger age because they come from Cork,dont quote me on that though,i think i read it somewhere,he obviously feels strong about his reasons,so fair play to him.

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
I think its good that he doesnt play.

From when ive heard he wasnt treated well by the people involved with running the natioal side there, and now he can spend summers with his kids and rest, so when the season starts he can be fresh for his league club.

Ireland have done well in qulifications, and were obviously unlucky not to qualify, but if they did qualify i wouldnt bet on them getting very far in the world cup, so can understand why laying for them might not appeal as much as Brazil or Spain for example.

Superb player though IMO.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Got absolutely NO opinion on him. Don't know too much about the premiership, not sure what team he plays for (Man City still?) and have no interest in ROI.

Awful taste in blinged up Bentleys though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stephen%20Ireland%20Range%20Rover.jpg

Would a prick drive a car like this ?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
My 2 cents on Stephen England is that of course it is his choice, but he has made enough money through his development in Ireland to pay it back - not to mention football in general.

What really bugs me is this idea that he needs to be "sold it" and is somehow above it. If you listed the 500 greatest players of all time, I'd imagine all of them were happy to play international football for their country. Why he feels more worthy of the decision not to than Bobby Moore, Pele, Maradonna, Messi, Cruyff, El Abd, Beckenbauer etc is beyond me.

Oh and regarding the comment about Ireland maybe not being as attractive by not qualifying...I HATE to say this, but I think a committed Stephen Ireland in this campaign might have meant that the infamous playoff wouldn't even have been necessary.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
bollocks... after seeing the 2 legged play off i'm happy to stick with whelan and andrews. trap's defensive midfield patnership.

Regarding s. ireland my feelings are exactly the same as they are re roy keane which is, irrelevent of the irish set up how ever shite it maybe they have walked away and let down their country, keane especially..... we could of got to the world cup final that yr(2002) and with keane in the team we would have imho....... beat spain and it was s.korea next round and germany in the s.final!!!

aviaviavioioioi

Sep 29, 2009
Seaford/Brighton
ireland idiot

The man is a idiot, for so many reasons- The lies he has told, the silly cars he has brought, the whole wig wearing period, and the not playing for Ireland issue.

He was not liked by the other Irish players because he could not handle the banter of the other lads, he even said he was bullied by them. He has big problems mainly himself being a prick.

He is a under rated player IMO and i think Ireland really need him as he is the missing link they need but it could be a gamble for Ireland as he is such prat.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
is he a prick? dont know. is he a prick to not represent his nation following issues he had? no. get over it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I don't care, but it's his life and career and really it's up to him isn't it?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If he doesn't want to play for them, then so be it, let someone have a go who does, get over it.

Would it be better for him to go through the motions and pretend he gives a flying f*** when he can't motivate himself to do so? At least he's (now) honest about it. Plenty of England players over the years have arsed about wearing the shirt & taking the money- you can't accuse Ireland of doing that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here