Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Start For Hoskins?

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Next match? Might bring something new to the team... a fresh face in the first eleven might help us shake off tuesdays hangover.

Gotta keep in CMS but I'm not saying Barnes out for poor performance. Still having a good season IMO. Didn't see much of him yesterday but then there wasn't a lot of play to our strikers after the first 20. Time to start rotation, give Barnes a rest and let him get back on the goal trail from the bench or with a start in the next game.

Dying to see what Hoskins can do, truth be told.

Oh and get well soon Buckley (another 'if only' for yesterday, along with us attacking the north stand in the 2nd half = albion win if recent games are much to go by...)

ROLL ON SATURDAY :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign:

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
Don't think he'll be ready for a start, but would definitely like to see him feature more, can offer a great deal up top, just need to get it out of him

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Our two niggly injuries are undermining our quality if you ask me. Hoskins and Buckley. I think they could both be game changers. It's a long season, sure we'll see a bit of them soon. Still think Hoskins could start - a touch of the unexpected is in order if you ask me... but just a little bit... not quite time for JFC or Bergkamp yet... (what the hell is going on there btw? thought he could be the big man up front?)

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I think Hoskins could be the missing link in that he is a quick, tricky striker who can drop into the hole, turn, and start running straight at the defenders. The other strikers don't do this as CMS is an on the shoulder type player and Barnes, well if truth be told I'm not quite sure what he does bar score a lot of goals :lolol:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We DESPERATELY needed Buckley yesterday.Such a shame he is injured.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I would start Hoskins. Barnes was anonymous at Leicester and last night (not entirely his fault) and......

Barnes looked well hungry when he came off the bench against Liverpool, he looked great coming on as a sub

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
exactly my thoughts...

i think we have a good trio for rotation. tbf we need a lump too... preferably one with a touch. we still play the gus way, even after yesterdays let down, after all...

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Before a ball was kicked this season I felt Hoskins was going to be THE stand out player. Even with Noone's great form and the signing of Vicente (who looks quality) I really think we are yet to see our trump card.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Barnes was anonymous at Leicester and last night (not entirely his fault) and......

Barnes looked well hungry when he came off the bench against Liverpool, he looked great coming on as a sub

Very astute.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Really think it's time now to give Hoskins a start with Vicente as well on Saturday.
Ipswich could be the sort of game that Gus would consider starting them both. Ok, so they probably won't last the full 90 minutes, but it would give us something different.
I'm sure Ipswich have had us watched and it would hopefully catch out any possible tactics they might have prepared for us. Bit of a surprise element, if you like.
And away from home, I would definitely play Navarro. We rely too much on Bridcutt, bless him, and he was a bit of a one-man midfield on Tuesday. Felt really sorry for him battling away with very little support for much of the game.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Interesting that our two main injury problems this season have come from other clubs in the Summer hence they haven't had that long with our medical team.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I would like to see Hoskins start as well.

Ankergren
Calderon Greer Cook Painter
Noone Bridcutt Navarro Vincente
CMS Hoskins

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Before a ball was kicked this season I felt Hoskins was going to be THE stand out player. Even with Noone's great form and the signing of Vicente (who looks quality) I really think we are yet to see our trump card.

I said this too before the start of the season - get Hoskins fit and he will be awesome. Would like to see him and Vicente start on Saturday.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Barnes looked useful but frustrated to me, CMS obviously has that killer instinctly slightly more honed. Simply because Barnes didn't score (very harsh I know) if Hoskins is fit, give him a run out.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I would like to see Hoskins start as well.

Ankergren
Calderon Greer Cook Painter
Noone Bridcutt Navarro Vincente
CMS Hoskins

Good shout but I think Gus is interested in how the LuaLua/Vicente relationship will develop. Early days I know but they do tend to be on at the same time!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I don't think Barnes even touched the ball on Tuesday let along getting anywhere near scoring. He's done well this season but last match was particularly poor, and it would be good to see Hoskins given a start if fit, put Barnes on at half time if need be. He seems to work well as a sub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here