Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stanley brothers

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Anyone remember these guys from the late 60s earlier 70s. I always assumed someone had bribed the manager to let them in the team. May be related to a director? So bad!

Must be the worst BHAFC players ever surely.

Unless you guys know better, of course?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I bet I wasn't the only person opening this thread thinking it was going to be about Ralph and Carter. What a misleading title.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I thought it was Michael and Terry. I saw Terry Stanley play once or twice, tried hard but wasn't really on the pace.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I went to school in Brighton with Terry (Westlain) and played cricket with Michael (Moulscoomb Rovers). They were never really more than reserve players at the Albion though. Just the occasional game as I remember.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
I went to school in Brighton with Terry (Westlain) and played cricket with Michael (Moulscoomb Rovers). They were never really more than reserve players at the Albion though. Just the occasional game as I remember.

I know for a fact that after Terry played against Aston Villa for the Albion that Villa wanted to sign him and offered in excess of seventy grand. Couldn't have been that bad then surely...?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Terry was my one of my dads best mates as was their dad. Both were Great county league footballer by all accounts but never really made it in the pro game.

I remember as a nipper going to watch Terry at Burgess Hill with my dad.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
They MUST have been better then the Fox brothers surely?

I remember the Fox bothers playing at Orient on a very wet night, they did well. The problem was that up until quite recently we really didn't have much of a youth team or structure. Let's not underestimate the great efforts of Mr Wilkins on that score. Obviously we are moving to a new era now with a completely different perspective. To have an academy we'll be able to offer youngsters a far better opportunity than before. Few players have come though our Youth Schemes to become regular first team players. With all due respect to Messers Cox, Robinson and Gatting they were not regulars, only Tommy Elphick and Adam El Abd can say that now. Previous players were Tony Towner and John Robinson are just about the only two players I can think of who made it to the higher leagues, Gareth Barry never played for the first team. There must be others I'm sure but they are few and far between.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Talking of youngsters coming through I see that Cox is being touted for a move to Peterboro for around £400K - leaving the Albion and the temptations of the City's nightlife seem to have been good for him.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Talking of youngsters coming through I see that Cox is being touted for a move to Peterboro for around £400K - leaving the Albion and the temptations of the City's nightlife seem to have been good for him.

Good luck to him, I just hope that he doesn't die of boredom in Peterborough.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Coldean lads, terry went to Westlain and played a few games in midfield for Pat sawards side. Michael went to Stanmer and I don't think made the Albion 1st team

I saw their dad a while back, still living in Coldean.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Know him may be a bit strong.

My age falls between his boys. I do remember Jim (their dad) always looked a smart dude when he used to go out and I worked at a place after he retired and he sometimes used to pop back there to see his old mate, Reg.

Seemed a decent enough guy to me.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
nice family and Terry still very competitive and playing local cricket for Belgrave Adelaide

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here