Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stand Up Speak Up Anti Racism Campaign

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Nike are starting a new anti racism campaign though I would suggest it is also an excellent marketing oportunity for them, anyway...

STAND UP SPEAK UP

"...Racism is the biggest problem facing football across Europe. People may think it has disappeared, but it hasn't. It's time for us all to take a stand - players, fans and authorities. It's time to stand up and speak up." - Thierry Henry

Unfortunately racism remains a serious issue in football. An issue that the players alone cannot tackle. One voice can't drown out a sea of racist abuse from a crowd, or retaliate to racist taunts from one sick individual. But together, we can make ourselves heard.

STAND UP SPEAK UP is a new campaign, supported by the players, which aims to give the silent majority of proper, decent fans the confidence to voice their disapproval against racist abuse.

The campaign will adopt the symbol of a black and white wristband which will be available for a donation throughout Europe. All proceeds will go to a fund dedicated to helping groups across Europe who work tirelessly to tackle racism in football.

For more information go to STAND UP SPEAK UP

band_pic.jpg

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Its just stupid all these bands, next we will have a pink one for a stand against homophobic attacks!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
SEE they have bands that are even sponosred by Nike, we NEED a blue & white one for Falmer!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't see much evidence of a racism problem in football in this country, as the war has already been won.

I suggest the campaigners pop over to mainland Europe to Spain, Italy, Serbia etc. The UK is "ebony and ivory" by comparison...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It does say it is for all over Europe.

These ones are cool because they interlink with each other.

I got a quote for Falmer ones the other day. Worked out quite expensive unless you get about 5,000.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So if they inter-link how do you wear them

I can see Henry and Roy Keane running for a ball, both getting their wristbands entwined and ripping their arms off.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
bhafc4eva said:
Its just stupid all these bands, next we will have a pink one for a stand against homophobic attacks!

Theres a PINK one already for aids awareness !!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Richie Morris said:
It does say it is for all over Europe.

These ones are cool because they interlink with each other.

I got a quote for Falmer ones the other day. Worked out quite expensive unless you get about 5,000.

HOW MUCH ?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
since when have nike been a bastion of morality? i think they should sort out the sweatshops they run across the world before preaching on equality.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
just spotted these in fourfourtwo

i thought the green ones where racism

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Is this band thing getting a bit out of hand now? If you wanted to support all of them you'd look like a right f***ing HIPPY.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Pehaps Nike should consider their use of very cheap labour before starting any anti racism effort.

Maybe I have it wrong though, it's okay to be friendly to coloured people as long as you can exploit them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here