Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stan Collymore

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
Former England footballer Stan Collymore has begged for forgiveness after he admitted visiting "dogging" sites to have sex with strangers.

The ex-striker told the Daily Mirror newspaper he had confessed to his wife Estelle that he had driven to several sites where people watch each other having sex in their cars.

"What I have done is disgusting and I'm so ashamed, but I'm only human," Collymore, 33, said. "I can only beg for forgiveness.

"Over the last couple of years I have been to dogging sites maybe a dozen to 15 times, and yes I have taken part and had sex during them.

"My only hope is that the people I know and love can find it in their hearts to forgive me."

Collymore said he was curious about what happened at dogging sites after reading about the activity on the Internet.

He said his most recent visit was to a country park called Cannock Chase near his home in Cannock, Staffordshire, on Saturday.

Within half an hour of his arrival, Collymore said he met a couple and started chatting to them.

He said he later exchanged phone numbers with the couple, who claimed they were new to the activity.

Collymore said he was "devastated" at the hurt he had caused his wife and his family.

His secret visits to dogging sites were revealed by two undercover reporters from The Sun newspaper who met him at the car park in Cannock Chase.

According to The Sun, Collymore sent the pair mobile phone text messages inviting them to have "some fun" at the same car park the next day.

He also told them about the etiquette of dogging and described to them his first experience of the activity, the newspaper said.

Collymore's representative Simon Kennedy told PA News: "As Stan has said, he has been very foolish and made some foolish decisions."

Mr Kennedy added: "He is very apologetic, he is very remorseful, but he has to move on.

"I hope the public at large will realise that Stan has made mistakes but that fundamentally he is not a bad egg and he is not an evil individual."

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
I don't believe these articles -

they're just SHAGGY DOG STORIES...

:lolol:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Any one know where I can get to one of these 'dogging' sites, I'm just curious thats all :p

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Devils Dyke here I come...........

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What a plank, he was just getting people on side as well.

I think he's excellent as a summariser on Radio 5 Live, much better than some of the rambling old farts you hear.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
edna krabappel said:
What a plank, he was just getting people on side as well.

I think he's excellent as a summariser on Radio 5 Live, much better than some of the rambling old farts you hear.

Should the BBC be employing somone who beat up his girlfriend. What message does that give. I switch off when he's on. Same with George Graham.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Up here dogging sites are only frequented by Alsatians, Labradors, the odd retriever and Newcastle lasses

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Feel sorry for the guy.

Deidre's column from the Sun:

His habit is rooted in depression

STAN may believe that dogging is just a bit of fun — but the sad truth is it’s dangerous and sordid sex with strangers.

It damages lasting relationships and risks sexual health.

Wife Estelle must be devastated about his “addictive” pastime.

It’s hard to understand why a wealthy person like Stan wants to hang around car parks to watch or join others having sex.

The draw lies in its sordidness. But the shame and risk tap into deep-down feelings of guilt and low-self-esteem that make it difficult to enjoy love, commitment and family life.

Since word spread via the internet and mobile phones there are more “doggers” than ever. I now hear from women under pressure from partners to go dogging. None want to.

Like prostitutes, many people who get involved have a history of neglect or abuse.

Like all addictions, Stan’s habit is rooted in depression.It’s time to look at what in his past left him vulnerable to getting his kicks this way — and to rebuild love and trust with Estelle and daughter Mia.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Dick Knights Mum said:
Should the BBC be employing somone who beat up his girlfriend. What message does that give. I switch off when he's on. Same with George Graham.

Did George Graham beat his wife up?

;)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've all made mistakes DKM.

And as for Collymore, what's a bit of dogging. Afterall, we've all done it, haven't we.

:jester:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Having worked out what VWE means, what qualifies for a small willy or well endowed. What are we talking about in inches.

Just curious mind

Ladies?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here