Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stamps

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Is a 1st class 'Christmas' stamp from last year still valid? I've got to pay a fixed penalty fine for speeding and the only stamp I can find in the house is one from last year with a jolly santa doing a star jump on it. Bit ironic as it doesn't exactly match my sentiment regarding the contents of the letter!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think you will be ok as long as postage hasnt increased since the stamp was purchased.

Can you not pay it online.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I think you will be ok as long as postage hasnt increased since the stamp was purchased.

Can you not pay it online.

There's no option for paying it online as you have to send your Licence (Photo card & paper copy) with the payment so it can have the points put on it.
And I think the cost of 1st class stamps went up this year, so I guess I can't use it.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
Is a 1st class 'Christmas' stamp from last year still valid? I've got to pay a fixed penalty fine for speeding and the only stamp I can find in the house is one from last year with a jolly santa doing a star jump on it. Bit ironic as it doesn't exactly match my sentiment regarding the contents of the letter!

If it's a 1st class stamp its still valid even if prices have gone up

Ok to use :thumbsup:

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
If it says "1st" or "2nd" then it will always be valid, if it says 32p or whatever then it won't.

Yep I'm sure that is the case. Should have bought a sackful when '1st' stamps first came out!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There's no option for paying it online as you have to send your Licence (Photo card & paper copy) with the payment so it can have the points put on it.
And I think the cost of 1st class stamps went up this year, so I guess I can't use it.

Are you not going to go to the post office to get it sent by regsitered post then, big risk to send an important document like that without.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here