Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stafford Hospital.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Not sure. My twin nieces were born (prematurely) their and received fantastic care.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Can anyone simply explain just how on earth things could get so bad over 400+ deaths. I mean patients left with nothing to drink,wet beds etc i just cannot believe that those at the bottom end of the scale i/e Dr's or nurses just did not care. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21275826

Read the report. Families and whistleblowers were brushed under the carpet. Hopefully there will now be a systematic striking off of doctors/nurses/health 'professionals' involved in this culture of non care. For the more serious cases, criminal prosecutions and jail time hopefully awaits.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
How long did it take them to fix a dislocated finger?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It gets better, the village idiot that was Chief Executive of the 'trust' at the time that patients were dying at the hands of his staff is now in charge of the NHS.

He has just given an interview on SKY News basically saying 'not me gov'. Hope the press hound this waste of public money out of office.

Role: As chief executive of the West Midlands Strategic Health Authority, Sir David Nicholson had oversight of performance at Mid Staffs in 2005, at the time the clinical failures were happening.

Bio: In April 2006 was appointed chief executive of the London Strategic Health Authority.

Later that year, Sir David was appointed as NHS Chief Executive.

In October 2011, he was appointed Chief Executive of the NHS Commissioning Board Special Health Authority, a body established to help set up the NHS Commissioning Board.

Sir David is known to be a big character in the NHS and his survival instincts are highlighted by the fact he has served five health secretaries across two governments.

Current position: NHS Chief Executive

Current basic salary: £200,000 +

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I think that it is accepted management policy that anyone incompetent is promoted out of the way to the next level up.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I sincerely hope that some of these so called professionals face manslaughter charges.
The worst hospital I have been in is university hospital Croydon(Mayday) but the staff are great even if the facilities are shite. How could something get that bad indeed? disgusting!!!!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Even now listerning to Radio5 again and again it is the same story 'we need to read the full report before we decide IF WE need to do anything from so called Health care manangement. Like someone has posted let the press dogs loose.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
It's staggering that someone as utterly incompetent and such a shameless career cash collector is still employed. This guy needs to go down for this. The 'not me gov' routine as someone on here has already mentioned that we saw today is absolutely appalling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here