Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium Tour

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Went on the first official, 'paying' stadium tour and I must admit that I was very impressed with the whole set-up. For me the tour was money well spent. I think we got to see pretty much everything everything, from the directors lounge to the players changing rooms to Gus's seat in the 'dugout'.

We almost has a slight glitch as apparently the players had been training at the university but their showers were broken so they were going to use the ones at the AMEX - don't think they'd have been too impressed with a bunch of fans wondering around - fortunately our tour wasn't interrupted.

When I see the press conferences now I can visualise the whole area and say that I've actually sat in that chair.

I can't believe the temperatures of the 'baths' in the changing rooms. One was very cold and the other was almost unbearably hot - didn't fancy either of them. It's good to see that these were only in the home changing rooms though. Also, the away changing room has basic wooden benches whereas the home one has lovely comfy passed seats (there was a home burnt CD laying on one of the seats, I wonder what was on it and if it's a bit of pirate material floating around).

It was also interesting to see inside the east stand and all the community contributions in there, the club really have made an effort.

Needless to say, the tour finished up in the club shop.

Sorry if this is old news but it's new to me and I was quite excited by it (being the first ever paying group was also nice in a sad sort of way).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I didn't know these had started!! How do you book?

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
How does one go about getting on a tour? Have they been officially announced now then?

Before the season started I e-mailed the club asking them if there were any tours available (thinking I wouldn't be able to get a ticket for any game). Last week I got an email back saying:

We would like to offer you priority booking for the tours which will commence on MONDAY 22ND AUGUST.

There will be 6 time slots as follows:

10.00am
11.00am
2.00pm 15 maximum per tour
3.00pm
5.00pm
6.00pm

Prices are as follows:

Full paying Adult £10.00
Concession (Under 17/Senior Citizen) £5.00

Disabled supporters pay full price but may be accompanied by a free carer if required.

There will be a second tour on Thursday 25th August

Time Slots:

10.00am
11.00am
1.00pm
3.00pm
6.00pm

Thereafter tours will be every Thursday as follows:

10.00am
2.00pm
6.00pm

Group bookings of more than 15 people are available on any day subject to a guide being available. (Prices on application)

If you would like to book onto one of these tours, please call the Customer Services Team on 0845 873 0251 or e.mail at customerservices[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION].co.uk and we will be happy to call you back.

Kind regards

It was nice that there was only 6 people on my tour (and 4 of them were my family).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sweet. I reckon my parents would also be interested.

brightonbutterfly

Feb 18, 2009
Southwick
Can I take this chance to say a very big thank you to the club for taking my family around the stadium last week. My Dad, a lifelong fan has very recently been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and the club gave us a chance to make some positive memories for all of us. We are looking forward to Saturday, which will probably be my Dad's one and only game at the Amex.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Can I take this chance to say a very big thank you to the club for taking my family around the stadium last week. My Dad, a lifelong fan has very recently been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and the club gave us a chance to make some positive memories for all of us. We are looking forward to Saturday, which will probably be my Dad's one and only game at the Amex.

let's hope not but either way it will leave you with some fantastic memories - enjoy it!

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham

I hope it goes well. A go reminder to us all that we don't have a lot to moan about really.

brightonbutterfly

Feb 18, 2009
Southwick
Thanks Uwinsc. It certainly put a lot in perspective for us, that's for sure. My girls and I have season tickets, so we are upgrading one so he can come. We all know he'll be too poorly for any more once treatment starts, so hoping for a good game!!!

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Thanks Uwinsc. It certainly put a lot in perspective for us, that's for sure. My girls and I have season tickets, so we are upgrading one so he can come. We all know he'll be too poorly for any more once treatment starts, so hoping for a good game!!!

Do you mind me asking what treatment he is having?

brightonbutterfly

Feb 18, 2009
Southwick
Chemo and radiotherapy. Having his mask made on Thursday. He was fairly lucky in the respect that rather than do a biopsy, the surgeon at Hurstwood Park decided to try and take it out. They got 95%, but then found it's grade 4, so terminal. The problem is that he feel so well now (apart from tiredness) that he's worried how he'll feel at the end of 6 weeks intensive treatment.
My hub and girls and my love of the Albion are the only things keeping me sane right now!!!!

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Chemo and radiotherapy. Having his mask made on Thursday. He was fairly lucky in the respect that rather than do a biopsy, the surgeon at Hurstwood Park decided to try and take it out. They got 95%, but then found it's grade 4, so terminal. The problem is that he feel so well now (apart from tiredness) that he's worried how he'll feel at the end of 6 weeks intensive treatment.
My hub and girls and my love of the Albion are the only things keeping me sane right now!!!!

2 people I know have just had or are having treatment for breast cancer (obviously it is totally different in some ways) and one of them said to me that it is a really funny thing because when you are ill and you start treatment you expect to start to feel better but with cancer you feel ok at the begining and feel worse as treatment goes on. However on the plus side the person I know who had normal chemo drugs (the other as allergic to 1 and had to have stronger ones) after 3 does is actually not feeling to bad; she has even managed to work through some of it and is currently in the process of moving house, she says she feels wrong and like she is not comofrtable in her body, she has been very tired at times particuarly imiediatly after treatment but she has had no sickness yet and is managing to continue to eat snd keep her strength up which is important. She has to be very carefully as she can be quite dizzy but overall it's much better tha we were all expecting. Is he having both at once?

brightonbutterfly

Feb 18, 2009
Southwick
Yep, both at once, as he is so fit they say it's his only option. As his cancer is grade 4, this is just pallative, to give him a bit more time. Good luck to your friends, hope they are amongst the lucky ones x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here