Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium Tour, A credit to the club

N3bn1

Sep 30, 2011
Bn1
1st post after years of watching!
Just thought i would share the perfect pick me up after our crap week.
I had the pleasure of going on one of the stadium tours tonight and it was far beyond what i expected. I have seen the posts from others and seen the pictures, so i thought i knew what i was in for but what all failed to mention was the guide.
The club have got it spot on, for some reason i expected a rather dull speach as we strolled around. What the club have done is put what i can only describe as a die hard fan full of facts, knowledge and humour in place.
From the start he made it clear we are all there to have fun and he made sure we did. It lasted nearly two hours but it flew by, he had the answer to every question, had a joke for every section and quite obviously loves his job, the Albion and the Amex.
Apparently there are a few guides doing the tours but if want a good laugh i would try and get on one of his tours. (this is where i could get slated in my 1st post because after a few beers tonight i'm not 100% of his name) I pretty certain his name was Sean, if any NSC bods were on the 6pm tour maybe you could confirm?
Anyway he is the reason i have decided to post after all these years as i have spent the whole night regretting not having brought the bloke a beer for cheering me up so much. The tour ends in Dicks bar and after all the talking he does he deserved a cold one. He mentioned he and his son are season ticket holders in the North stand so will be looking out for him next match. But if any of you were undecided about a tour, i can tell you now that it will be the best 10 quid you will spend at the Amex.
Sean(?) if you read this site, well done, your a credit to the club and all Albion fans and have made the nightmare of Tuesday night a distant memory! Cheers:clap2::clap2:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Nice one. Did the tour take in the new look 'post-27th September South Stand' ?

braga-stadium.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The tour seems to be getting universal praise - sounds like a job very well done by all involved.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
1st post after years of watching!
Just thought i would share the perfect pick me up after our crap week.
I had the pleasure of going on one of the stadium tours tonight and it was far beyond what i expected. I have seen the posts from others and seen the pictures, so i thought i knew what i was in for but what all failed to mention was the guide.
The club have got it spot on, for some reason i expected a rather dull speach as we strolled around. What the club have done is put what i can only describe as a die hard fan full of facts, knowledge and humour in place.
From the start he made it clear we are all there to have fun and he made sure we did. It lasted nearly two hours but it flew by, he had the answer to every question, had a joke for every section and quite obviously loves his job, the Albion and the Amex.
Apparently there are a few guides doing the tours but if want a good laugh i would try and get on one of his tours. (this is where i could get slated in my 1st post because after a few beers tonight i'm not 100% of his name) I pretty certain his name was Sean, if any NSC bods were on the 6pm tour maybe you could confirm?
Anyway he is the reason i have decided to post after all these years as i have spent the whole night regretting not having brought the bloke a beer for cheering me up so much. The tour ends in Dicks bar and after all the talking he does he deserved a cold one. He mentioned he and his son are season ticket holders in the North stand so will be looking out for him next match. But if any of you were undecided about a tour, i can tell you now that it will be the best 10 quid you will spend at the Amex.
Sean(?) if you read this site, well done, your a credit to the club and all Albion fans and have made the nightmare of Tuesday night a distant memory! Cheers:clap2::clap2:

I was the 1800 tour and yep his name was Sean. Would echo most of the above, museum opening in December

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Is the museum open yet?...I'll wait till it is.

Creating the museum will be a big job - much more than artifacts on shelves! - and it will not open for a while, although there may be a temporary display in the meantime. The expansion of Dick's Bar means that the precise layout of the museum cannot yet be determined. The Albion's Historian's Society is a huge credit to the club and its involvement in the museum means that the wait will be very worthwhile.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Are you allowed to walk onto the hallowed turf????

Every other stadium tour I've done has let you (melbourne Cricket Ground)

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I'm going next Monday with my sons football team, having been to the Amex 6 times already I wasn't too fussed but I'm looking forward to it now

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Are you allowed to walk onto the hallowed turf????

Every other stadium tour I've done has let you (melbourne Cricket Ground)

You can walk right up to but not on it, having said that when Sean turned his back I could not resist :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here