Dorset

Attachments

• falmer air.jpg
    falmer air.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 960

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Being a complete thicko I never know which side of the train to look out of when I very occasionally take the train on that line, but I presume the site can't (yet) be seen from the train anyway?!?!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Being a complete thicko I never know which side of the train to look out of when I very occasionally take the train on that line, but I presume the site can't (yet) be seen from the train anyway?!?!

It's between the road and the stadium... look out of the right side of the train and it's just past Falmer Station if you are coming from Brighton.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

You won't see much from the train as you are quite a bit below the site.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I think thats my car - 2nd from the right!

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
:ohmy: I never fully appreciated just how far onto the University owned land it encorached ... Theres a fair few buildings that need to come down.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
:ohmy: I never fully appreciated just how far onto the University owned land it encorached ... Theres a fair few buildings that need to come down.

Is it stupid of me to ask why we couldn't have just moved the stadium up a bit? The field it's in is massive, why did we need to build over more land?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Is it stupid of me to ask why we couldn't have just moved the stadium up a bit? The field it's in is massive, why did we need to build over more land?
I think its something to do with Lewes DC own that part of the land. I'm sure its something to do with Lewes.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Am I the only one who can see a giant brown bug-eyed alien in that picture, giving the stadium the finger? It must be a Palace fan I guess...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think its something to do with Lewes DC own that part of the land. I'm sure its something to do with Lewes.

Actually, I'm guessing he actually means the big plot of land further up in the picture.

That's an area of land labelled 'Village Way South', and something the club had in mind as a Plan B way way back at the start of the planning process. The club actually put in two planning applications (Village Way North and Village Way South), with a view to using VWS should it appear that there were too many issues with VWN. As it transpired, the application for VWS was pulled by the club before it went to the planning committee at the City Council.

Village Way South - and I stand to be corrected here - I don't think is owned by the University of Brighton (with whom the club had a lot of negotiations to get through), but had more planning issues associated with it than Village Way North.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here