Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

St Peters Church

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
A guy in my office is banging on about Fatbum having bought the church and will be turning it into a club of some kind. Is there any truth to this rumour or shall I kill him for talking shit?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not likely to be St Peters... but several Brighton churches are or will be up for sale in the near future.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I believe that St Peters is a listed building and couldn't be turned into a club.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Gwylan said:
I believe that St Peters is a listed building and couldn't be turned into a club.

I thought that might be the case too and I can't beleive a licence would be granted for a club that big in the middle of town, not after all that kerfuffle oner the development at the Steine.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
My piece of snatch said the same thing to me yesterday.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Cloisters in Worthing used to ok when it first opened think it has been refirbished as some other bar now now.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That left-footer church at the bottom of Elm Grove is massive - that would make a good club.

I reckon St Barts in Ann Street would as well but I believe that's a listed building too.

The fewer churches the better as far as I'm concerned.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Seems something quite wrong in turning a church into a place where people get drunk, take drugs and pick other people up for casual sex.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Les Biehn said:
Seems something quite wrong in turning a church into a place where people get drunk, take drugs and pick other people up for casual sex.

True, normally in chruches its old men picking up young boys ..

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
my grandad got married there, surely they cant turn it into a club, it's the closest thing we have to a Cathedral !

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
PPNottingham10aLayer1.jpg

pitcher%20&%20piano%202.jpg

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Gwylan said:
I reckon St Barts in Ann Street would as well but I believe that's a listed building too.

Fantastic building, in my top 3 in Brighton, easy. Scary place.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Gwylan said:
That left-footer church at the bottom of Elm Grove is massive - that would make a good club.

The fewer churches the better as far as I'm concerned.
The Catholic church is St Joseph's. Been to a couple of Masses there even though I'm not R.C. Quite good.

And you bloody atheists can keep your hands of St Barts, it's one of the few decent Anglo-Catholic places left. Why can't you turn some of those dreadful low church buildings into clubs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here