Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

St Georges Day

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Nothing wrong with celebrating St.Georges Day, or celebrating what it means to be English.

You can blame the "politically correct" for not wanting you to do it, but personally I blame the far right for stealing our national symbols for their own aims.

Perhaps it's time to steal them back.

St George was the first economic migrant anyway, we imported a foreign patron saint because there wasn't a suitable English one available at the time.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
St. George is also the patron saint of Aragon, Canada, Catalonia, China, Ethiopia, Georgia, Greece, Montenegro, Palestine, Portugal, Russia, and Serbia, as well as the cities of Amersfoort, Beirut, Ferrara, Freiburg, Genoa, Ljubljana, and Moscow, as well as a wide range of professions, organisations and disease sufferers. I will celebrate by having a kebab as he was Turkish

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Don't suppose anyone knows anywhere selling massive st george flags do they? They seem hard to get hold of since McClaren sent England down the pan...

Dandyman

In London village.
Sod the pc supporters, i'm taking tomorrow of so i can enjoy a few beers and celebrate the day. What does everyone plan on doing.

The Mayor of London is sponsoring big celebrations up here. Does that mean Ken is now un-PC or just that it is a term used by the terminally dull?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I understand that Left Winger Billy Bragg is putting on a St.Georges Day concert too..

what's going wrong with this country ... ??

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Should be a public holiday but as it's not, I shall be going to work.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Our company will be giving everyone a day off on Tuesday 11th November - considerably more relevant than tomorrow I'd have thought?

Nice idea - always makes me a bit sad when people just seem to ignore this at 11am. I assume it just means they are ignorant of the date/time and that it is not simply apathy.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Does that mean Ken is now un-PC or just that it is a term used by the terminally dull?
"PC" is a catch-all term used by lazy, right-wingers who haven't got the intellect to argue a proper case.

When you ask them exactly who these PC people are, they will normally give you an answer that represents about 0.00001% of the population, yet they whine and moan as if it is a significant vocal minority whose views shape the way the country is run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here