Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Srevie Wonder & the Jazz Chord....

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Stevie Wonder is playing his first gig in Tokyo and the place is packed to the rafters.

In a bid to break the ice with his new audience, he asks if anyone would like him to play a request….

A little old Japanese man jumped out of his seat in the first row and shouted at the top of his voice

"Play a Jazz chord! Play a jazz chord!"

Flattered that the guy knew about the jazz influences in his career, Stevie starts to play an E minor scale and then goes into a difficult jazz melody for over 10 minutes…When he finished the whole place went wild….but the little old man jumped up again and shouted…

"No, No, play a Jazz chord….a Jazz chord".

A bit pissed off by this, Stevie, being the professional that he is, dives straight into a jazz improvisation based on the B flat minor chord....Nice.

The crowd went wild with this impromptu show of technical musical expertise, but the little old Japanese man jumped up again….

"No, No you sirry irriot, play a Jazz chord, play a Jazz chord".

Well and truly pissed off that this little guy doesn't seem to appreciate his playing ability. Stevie says to him from the stage

"OK you Japanese smart ass. You get up here and do it "

So the little old man climbed up onto the stage, took hold of the microphone and started to sing .....

( scroll down)

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> " I jazz chord…. to say…. I ruvved you..."

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I laughed at that back in the seventies. :lolol: :jester:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Didn't see that coming. No not at all. Not one bit. :yawn:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
The problem is, when you get a joke that involves someone from Japan, you immediately know it is all to do with Ls and Rs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here