Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
A quote from Redknapp regarding their game at Orient tomorrow: “We’re sending a strong squad to Orient with players like Kyle Walker, Alan Hutton, Danny Rose, Wilson Palacios, Steven Pienaar, David Bentley, Robbie Keane, Peter Crouch and Niko Kranjcar. It’s a strong team."

So it looks like we'll be facing the likes of Bale, Modric, Van der Vaart on Saturday.

Full story here: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/strong-teams-for-os-brighton-280711.html

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think the key quote is:

Harry Redknapp will field strong line-ups in our Spurs XI friendly at Leyton Orient on Friday and first team friendly at Brighton on Saturday.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I think the key quote is:

Harry Redknapp will field strong line-ups in our Spurs XI friendly at Leyton Orient on Friday and first team friendly at Brighton on Saturday.

That would certainly indicate that Saturdays game is going to be taken a little more seriously than the LO game - however, they won't be taking any chances, so the main "stars" that play, I guess won't play full games - expect lots of subs, but it's not about them, it's about us. Enjoy the day.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
just reading some stuff on one of there message boards this made me laugh:

That Brighton ticket site puts ours to shame, much more fan friendly. I wonder how well it would cope with the strain if it had Spurs levels of traffic when tickets went on sale? If they could beef up the servers to cope with Spurs levels of demand, I'd love it if Spurs switched to that system.

Redirect

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
How would they know? Will there be infiltrators in the home end? Mind you if they successfully negotiated our ticket system I guess they deserve it.

Bit disturbing that they can just register with our ticket system and buy West Stand Upper tickets... I know we are sold out on season tickets, but if it is that easy, how many other away teams will try the system? Leeds? West Ham? Cardiff? etc..

N17

Jun 21, 2011
How would they know? Will there be infiltrators in the home end? Mind you if they successfully negotiated our ticket system I guess they deserve it.

:cheers: :cool:

Plenty of us will be there. WSU seems favourite.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Bit disturbing that they can just register with our ticket system and buy West Stand Upper tickets... I know we are sold out on season tickets, but if it is that easy, how many other away teams will try the system? Leeds? West Ham? Cardiff? etc..

Your season ticket holders will turn up for those games. It will not be an issue.

We have seen similar for Europa League games (Wisla Krakow for one).

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The problem is they didnt apply the right restrictions on a number of occasions, I bought tickes for a mate with no history at all, they need to sort it for league games but it shouldnt be such a problem then.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Your season ticket holders will turn up for those games. It will not be an issue.

We have seen similar for Europa League games (Wisla Krakow for one).

Saturday doesn't worry me, I think the Spurs fans will go with the occasion, not every day a club gets asked to open a new stadium. And as I said I realise the WSU is sold out anyway. Thinking more of the North East as the season progresses against the more, shall we say, bonehead element from the Championship. I hope this is addressed.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Saturday doesn't worry me, I think the Spurs fans will go with the occasion, not every day a club gets asked to open a new stadium. And as I said I realise the WSU is sold out anyway. Thinking more of the North East as the season progresses against the more, shall we say, bonehead element from the Championship. I hope this is addressed.

Agreed.

Looking forward to it.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Agreed.

Looking forward to it.

Not going myself, but there'll be no repeat of April 1978!
17,000 will be closely policed by a mass of paranoid stewards, police & cctv, to get that final 22,500 certificate.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not going myself, but there'll be no repeat of April 1978!
17,000 will be closely policed by a mass of paranoid stewards, police & cctv, to get that final 22,500 certificate.

But we won 3-1... back page of the Sun read 'Brighton Breezy'. All those London games at the Goldstone were mental back then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here