Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs shambles

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Ok, I am not bitching about not getting a ticket fair and square, but we sent our applications off (3 tickets) from Bognor on the 7th (First Class)

Just got the letter stating 'unlucky mate'....

We have sold 5500 tickets in just 2 days....

But the problem is they didn't announce ticket details until the Tuesday (Wednesday Poss.), so this sets a feckin precident, that applications for tickets will go in 30 seconds after a draw for a 'Big' team or a high profile game is announced as all ticket. This makes the mass scramble even worse.

I don't know how to solve this one, but I am gutted as it is the first match I have failed to get tickets for since the last game at the Goldstone......:angry: :angry: :angry:

p.s. anybody got any tickets to sell :jester:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
No , Easy 10 I said fair and square (this was not fair and square) as I said, we wait for ticket details to be announced by the club then apply as soon as. Trouble was it was all over here on Tuesday they were accepting tickets from whenever, so those of us that were (stupidly, ok) waiting for ticket details to be announced got shafted.

Is that any FECKIN clearer (sorry pissed off as you might expect)

Yoda

English & European
StaffsGull said:
as it is the first match I have failed to get tickets for since the last game at the Goldstone......:angry: :angry: :angry:

Count yourself lucky then. I missed out on Reading away (Championship winning season) and Swindon away in the play-offs.

My reaction to both was, 'Oh well, never mind. Always another match I can go to.' :cool:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Still sounds like bitching to me...

Understandable in the circumstances, but you cannot deny you are having a right old MOAN UP

:)

Yoda

English & European
StaffsGull said:
But the problem is they didn't announce ticket details until the Tuesday (Wednesday Poss.), so this sets a feckin precident, that applications for tickets will go in 30 seconds after a draw for a 'Big' team or a high profile game is announced as all ticket. This makes the mass scramble even worse.

I do think any applications received before they announced they are taking them should be sent back telling them to wait. :angry:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
so why have you got that letter but then the club saying they are still processing applications? have they just taken a pile of envelopes and sent letters out on the rest?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I sent mine on the Tuesday night that it was anounched and got them. I think it was a case that everyone did the same. This meant that on the Wednesday and Thursday there was a lot of applications. This meant that it was almost a lottery since too many peoples applications were in on the same day.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Easy 10 said:
Still sounds like bitching to me...

Understandable in the circumstances, but you cannot deny you are having a right old MOAN UP

:)

Yeah, and you started a new thread, like your situation is more important than everyone elses or something.

Spare a thought for me. I GOT 2 Spurs tickets but I've LOST them.

Update: found 'em! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Wozza said:

Spare a thought for me. I GOT 2 Spurs tickets but I've LOST them.

Update: found 'em! :thumbsup:

Drunken night out?

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Yeah, and you started a new thread, like your situation is more important than everyone elses or something

Read the comment, yes TO ME this is more important than whether anybody else gets ticket (selfish I am sure , but fact)

Yes I am having a rant, but accept some have to miss out and I was one of those.....

The POINT of the thread was that they accepted ticket applications before they announced ticket details....

If Parlarse (when) get relegated and we stay up, they day it is confirmed, I am applying for home and away tickets.....

:angry:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
StaffsGull said:
If Parlarse (when) get relegated and we stay up, they day it is confirmed, I am applying for home and away tickets.....

:angry:

You never learn, do you. Apply NOW.

I've just dropped off 500 applications at the ticket office, covering every possible cup game and juicy away tie for the next decade. That way I don't end up being one of those mugs who waits for the announcement from the club before applying, like I was this time.

2013 FA Cup final? I'm now front of queue mate. Bring it on.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Re: Re: Spurs shambles

Yoda said:
I do think any applications received before they announced they are taking them should be sent back telling them to wait. :angry:

I don't. :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here