Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

spurs in the champions league- 3 london club...is this a RECORD?

Oct 25, 2003
3 london clubs in the next years champions league (if spurs qualify)

has any other european city EVER had that many in the champions league in one season?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Few European cities have that many top flight clubs full stop, it must be unique in that respect. Paris, Rome, Berlin, Madrid- none of them have as many senior sides.

Maybe Moscow (Dynamo, Lokomotiv, CSKA, Spartak that I can recall) but they won't have all been in the CL as most countries don't get four places.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Budapest has five teams in the top division but Hungary are never going to get three CL places.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
None of them Champions league boys but Prague has a few teams.
Sparta, Slavia, Bohemians, and Bohemians 1905 all come from the Czech Premier and Viktoria Žižkov and Dukla Prague come from the 2nd flight.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Buenos Aires, I am reliably (?) informed.

Er...Boca...River Plate....um...

...and from Wikipedia, Independiente, San Lorenzo, Huracan, Velez Sarsfield, Argentinos Juniors are the ones I've heard of.

It says BA has 24 professional teams, although of what standard I'm not sure.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Talking of Moscow - I'll take them in the Play - Off to qualify for the CL. Always wanted to go to Rusisia. :drink:

Oct 25, 2003
my mind goes back to the last time the "big 4" were broken.......and the club that "broke it" didn't qualify, and the team that came 5th (liverpool) ended up going through anyway

was quite funny, although i did quite like that everton side......very ERNEST but they would've been destroyed had they qualified

spurs have a lot more quality

A couple of trivia questions ...

1. Which is the largest city in England that has only one football team in the top four divisions?

2. Which is the smallest city in England with two football teams in the top four divisions?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
1) Which English league side`s town has the smallest population.

2) Which is the smallest English town to have EVER had a team in the top flight. (tricky one I warn you)

3) Which English town is the largest never to have had a league team.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here