Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Speedway season starts this week....

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
It's a bit like marmite granted. You either love it or hate it.
But to anyone who has never been before, it is a great night out, and your local team needs your support.
Eastbourne Eagles start their season this saturday night against Swindon, which is a nice chance for us yocals to get back at them for the withdean result last week.
Tapes up at 7:30pm so plenty of time to get there after the Tranmere game!
Here is a little clip of Chris Harris winning the British grand prix to whet the appetite..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHU1B4mICHA

If that doesn't do it for you, they also crash...... hard...... alot!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elVRq0DGQVg

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Will be doing this sporting double on Saturday :clap:

Allowing for weather at Arlington of course, as rain and speedway don't really get on.

I run my own unofficial Eagles website OtherEagles.info, check it out and get the gen. on the local Speedway team!

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I f***ing love speedway.

:yahoo:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Is it true that Bob Dugard once tried to bring speedway to the greyhound stadium at Hove?

Would a Hove based team have pulled in bigger crowds?

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
Is it true that Bob Dugard once tried to bring speedway to the greyhound stadium at Hove?

Would a Hove based team have pulled in bigger crowds?

This is true I believe, and I have no doubt it would have brought bigger crowds. Not sure why it didn't happen though.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I work in the motorcycle industry and even to me speedway doesn't........really...............ex..ci...te...........m.....e:yawn:zzzzzzz..........:yawn:zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here