Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Speed Dating

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I find the sheer concept of speed dating rather sad to be honest.

Good luck though.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I went once a few yrs ago at what is now Bohemia. Its a good laugh even if you do find you have the same conversation about ten times.

Didnt get any matches but its a good experience and the good thing is that everyone is there for the same reason unlike the internet.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's a fun evening. You meet and chat to a load of women, then have a drink, compare notes and have a laugh with your mate after. Worst case scenario is that you have to chat to a nutty bird for a max of 3 minutes.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I went out with a girl for about 6 months after speed dating. You are pretty much guaranteed to have at least one complete bore that makes 3 minutes seem like an age and one mentalist you can't wait to get away from. It's a good laugh though and very common these days, most people find it difficult to meet partners so this just helps things along.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
My firend meant his wife speed dating, they are very happy with two children, much like Stumpy Tim.

It clearly can work.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Not done it myself so no stories to share, but think the idea itself is a great one. Good luck!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Years ago somone from work went with another mate who didn’t want to go on his own and wanted someone for moral support. As he had a girlfriend at the time, he used the opportunity to pretend to have torrettes, ask questions such as ‘Which serial killer do you admire most?’ and gave the answer to If you could go on holiday with anyone, who would it be? As ‘’you and your mum’’

The most amazing thing was he actually got one match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here