Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend v Brighton

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Just got back from this and quite frankly i didn't enjoy it one bit apart from the 2 bits of totty in our end that were rather fit, and 1 other bit of totty who was also rather fit, never seen them before though.

We rarely threatened Southend until the last 10 minutes when we had a couple of good chances via Knight and Kerekes and to be honest we were lucky to come away without conceding a goal but hey, it's only a friendly.

Albert Jarrett looked very promising indeed but he only got a short time to show us what he could do, he's got bundles of pace and skill.

Virgo and Knight would probably have been sent off if that was a league game.

Our starting line up barring 1 or 2 was our first choice side, i just hope we can add a couple of signings before the start of the season or the current starting line up can improve a touch on tonight.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cheers for the report.
Don't read too much into pre-season games Trigg. Players are rusty and striving for fitness, its more of a run-out to gain match fitness than anything. Going throught the motions and all that.

Whether we'd won 3-0 or lost 3-0 it really doesn't matter in the great scheme of things. I don't think I've EVER been to a pre-season match and thought "WOW, we were BRILLIANT". If I go along to the match not giving a toss about the score, it must be the same for the players.

This is the best pre-season we've had for years. No fannying about trying to find a manager, or trying to persuade one to stay. We'll be ready - no worries.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Trigger said:
Just got back from this and quite frankly i didn't enjoy it one bit apart from the 2 bits of totty in our end that were rather fit, and 1 other bit of totty who was also rather fit, never seen them before though.

the two bits of totty standing at the back not far from me?

plus how many did we take tonight , we where as quiet as hell (not much to shout about but still)

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Southend v Brighton

Braders7 said:
the two bits of totty standing at the back not far from me
Aye, they moved up there for the 2nd half because i farted when they were sitting near us.

:D

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Re: Re: Re: Southend v Brighton

Trigger said:
Aye, they moved up there for the 2nd half because i farted when they were sitting near us.

i bet you went to blame it on someone else and relised there was no one there :lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
How did Kerekes play guys?

Is he worth a place in the team?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
didn't seem that many

kerekes played ok i thought , defitnitely a positive to take out the game

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Anyway, forget the football for a mo, if any of the above mentioned young ladies read this then drop me a PM.

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Here, there and every where
Uncle Buck said:
Last night was more or less the starting 11, granted Hinsh is unlikely to play on the right of midfield, but as all Hart seems to want to do is fight, I guess you need options as he will be suspended a lot.

However Kuipers started in goal, read anything into this?

Argus says Robert's still struggling with back injury

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Roberts doesnt play in many friendlys anyway just in the same way he doesnt warm up much before matches, he will be the clubs number 1

:clap2: :clap2:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Re: Re: Re: Southend v Brighton

Trigger said:

no actually it was bcos they saw me there and came and sat next 2 me at the back, even though there were 1000s of other seats to choose from, they were from southend as they were out later that night in chameleon which is why u hadnt seem them before

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here