Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend boozers on Saturday

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
This will be my first trip to Southend so not to sure on the best 'away friendly' pubs to go in.

Will be training it in but still unsure whether to get off at Southend or Prittlewell. Are there any half decent boozers in Prittlewell?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
forgot to say then its back to southend central bus station for a bus to the ground

f*** it we'll do that then. Im assuming after the game its more advantageous to come back via Pritters??

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
There are no pubs in Prittlewell.

Im going to the last post (Weatherspoons) opposite southend central station. Usually has 2 projector screens for the football, i.e. man city v man utd, then you can take a bus, or even walk (probably 25 mins, maybe 30 to the ground)

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
The Railway Hotel just outside Southend Central is a great little boozer, used to be THE Northern Soul hang out back in the 80's, spent many many nights in there, looking forward to going back there in August. It's a good 30 minute walk to the ground from there though - around Roots Hall there's f*** all other than that one right outside which I understand is now shut....

Enjoy, and here's to the 3 points that mean relegation talk is over....

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The Railway Hotel just outside Southend Central is a great little boozer, used to be THE Northern Soul hang out back in the 80's, spent many many nights in there, looking forward to going back there in August. It's a good 30 minute walk to the ground from there though - around Roots Hall there's f*** all other than that one right outside which I understand is now shut....

Enjoy, and here's to the 3 points that mean relegation talk is over....

lol, proper dody in there. this is opposite the last post

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
its full of chavs, the place for the 16 year olds who cant get served anywhere, and homeless druggies
oh dear, well that's a shame then - used to love that place back in the day, lager and black with a pernod chaser then upsatirs for some Northern Soul and the inevitable ruck....
On reflection, that was more like 25 year ago, god I'm feeling old all of a sudden.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here