Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton v Millwall

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think you're being a bit naive here. It's 14+ years since we've had travelling fans coming down in the sort of numbers we'll see ths season & there are bound to be flash points at places like Brighton & Falmer stations. The old bill will really have their work cut out
preventing trouble at some of these games.

I wonder if the Pink Lions will also travel. That away trip was hilarious, I've never seen so many pink shirts.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Expensive to get down from London? As Bushy says err no. If booked in advance it can cost virtually bugger all.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think you're being a bit naive here. It's 14+ years since we've had travelling fans coming down in the sort of numbers we'll see ths season & there are bound to be flash points at places like Brighton & Falmer stations. The old bill will really have their work cut out

But don't forget everyone...........It doesn't go on anymore. Where is Lord B ?

Indeed. Some of the naivety on here about this subject over the last couple of months has been unbeliveable. Plenty of people actually saying that hooliganism is 'dead' and 'just doesn't happen anymore'. Tell that to the poster on here who was smacked in the face at Pompey. And like you say, no bunch of meatheads in their right man would have wanted to come down to quaint little Withdean to kick it off, along with their huge travelling contingent of 600 or whatever. 2,500 away fans in Brighton is going to see a very, very different scenario, and it hasn't happened for so long that the club and police seem to have forgotten what it will be like. When was the last time there were 2,500 away fans in Brighton?

YBOH

Banned
May 27, 2011
Sovereign Harbour
1. It's easy to stop trouble between rival fans at the end of any game.

Simply, let the away fans out first. Then let the home fans out when they've dispersed.

It's what they do in Argentina (I lived there for 9 years) and it stops all of the nonsense at the end of games.

If that works for their fans there, it's going to be more than enough for the gobby herberts here.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But don't forget everyone...........It doesn't go on anymore. Where is Lord B ?

Exactly. When we played Pompey in the cup last year it all kicked off in Lancing after the game.

My mate Kev had his kids in the car and as he was dropping them off around the Monk(?) pub by the station he said there were glasses being thrown, two guys literally rolled over his bonnet as they were laying into each other.

It happens and probably not very often, but it does. Just not at the ground anymore.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
1. It's easy to stop trouble between rival fans at the end of any game.

Simply, let the away fans out first. Then let the home fans out when they've dispersed.

It's what they do in Argentina (I lived there for 9 years) and it stops all of the nonsense at the end of games.

If that works for their fans there, it's going to be more than enough for the gobby herberts here.

Yes, and it's awfully sporting to give them a 10 minute headstart before we all come streaming out of the stadium chasing after them.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What if you were fighting to protect yourself?

I've never needed to in 30 years of going to football and don't intend to start now. Even in the worst days, if people were fighting and you showed no interest you would tend to be left alone.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Nothing's changed at Millwall :

Aggro today

:nono:

If you get passed the swearing there is as many people on there saying that those that kicked off are idiots as there are saying their legends (reminds me of this place!). As one on there say's (paraphrase) 'we get some that kick off with a club that we have no beef about and we wonder why we get restrictions at away games'. They don't have a beef with Brighton but if you get in any group of fans faces some lads will come out of the wood work and square up to you. Here is one of the many 'wall fans giving it back to them.:

And mouthing off behind a keyboard? Yep, I can't fight because my parents empahsised the importance of education rather than fists but I'd happily shop any idiot as many happily did after Birmingham.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Although I certainly don't condone the disturbances that occured in S'ton on Saturday, it seems to me that those muppets that hang out in the Northam & give the visiting supporters (ahem) 'the big 'un' picked on the wrong bunch yesterday. Treat people with due respect & the overwhelming majority will return the sentiments.

I rekon you're about right. Those dickheads were mouthy when we played them, I saw a few things get luzzed from their end as well.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes

Nothing to do with manning up as you say! I'm too old and lack the inclination to be arsed with all this bollox! Women and children visit the community stadium and need to know that their safety is in no way jeopardised by morons!

The main concern IMO is at Falmer station after a needle match where there is no place to escape!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

I take your point(s), but I was specifically talking about Millwall's visit - although I'd wager the same could be said for WHU too this season. There's no real bad blood between our supporters that I can think of & I'd be very surprised if our local mob decide to have a go at them. I accept that Leeds is potentially a different proposition (due to fairly recent history); & it's a given that there will be a real threat of major disorder when our chums at the wrong end of the A23 scuttle down. Either way, I think it's pretty bloody obvious that Sussex Police will play a rather different hand to the one they use for Cat A jollies. I guess we'll all find out soon enough, eh?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I take your point(s), but I was specifically talking about Millwall's visit - although I'd wager the same could be said for WHU too this season. There's no real bad blood between our supporters that I can think of & I'd be very surprised if our local mob decide to have a go at them. I accept that Leeds is potentially a different proposition (due to fairly recent history); & it's a given that there will be a real threat of major disorder when our chums at the wrong end of the A23 scuttle down. Either way, I think it's pretty bloody obvious that Sussex Police will play a rather different hand to the one they use for Cat A jollies. I guess we'll all find out soon enough, eh?

Fair point - the police will have either have to keep the away fans in the ground for a while after the game or cancel all leave across Sussex!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Fair point - the police will have either have to keep the away fans in the ground for a while after the game or cancel all leave across Sussex!

Indeed, although I can't imagine which option they're likely to take. :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here