Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton v Millwall

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Yes i can see you clamping 30 dick heads on your own, dont wanna see that sort of rubbish at Brighton thanks, and all the time the club let the fans walk out together is going to happen sooner or later sadly.

Me and my pals would go through em like butter.

f*** em.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Weren't the Hampshire OB a bit naive letting Southampton and Millwall fans share that stand by nets and a few stewards only? Keeping the away fans in after would've helped but I suppose it's a case of being wise after the event.

It can't be easy being a genuine Millwall fan, ones that go to away matches and never look for trouble but everyone wants to have a pop at their reputation, you're not allowed in any pubs with bouncers on the door at say somewhere like Derby (where there's a cracking real ale pub just outside the station) and all the local idiots that would run a mile if it really kicked off are about. Can't be much fun at all.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
keep them away from this game ???

Why should my season ticket holding son stay away from a game because a bunch of knuckledraggers (on both sides) want a play fight. Is it too much to ask grown men to f***ing behave like grown ups :shrug:

Jan 30, 2008
Why should my season ticket holding son stay away from a game because a bunch of knuckledraggers (on both sides) want a play fight. Is it too much to ask grown men to f***ing behave like grown ups :shrug:

no, but if your son got hurt what are you going to say,you'd probably lose it and join in ???

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Agreed. I don't take kids but nobody should have to avoid games because of morons. I hope if any Albion 'fans' are ever convicted for trouble in or around the Amex they'll be banned for life. They can take their one collective brain cell somewhere else.

Personally, I'd kick people off NSC too for bigging-up hooliganism (even if they are mainly little boys or sad old sods who really should get a life).

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Agreed. I don't take kids but nobody should have to avoid games because of morons. I hope if any Albion 'fans' are ever convicted for trouble in or around the Amex they'll be banned for life. They can take their one collective brain cell somewhere else.

Personally, I'd kick people off NSC too for bigging-up hooliganism (even if they are mainly little boys or sad old sods who really should get a life).

What if you were fighting to protect yourself?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
no, but if your son got hurt what are you going to say,you'd probably lose it and join in ???

With the number of CCTV cameras all around the stadium, the fact that every seat is sold to a person on the database, the fact I know one of the fine stadium security staff means that I am 100% safe in the knowledge that IF this did happen the lowlife scum would be banned from every football stadium in the country AND I would have their name, address and so on. And no, I wouldn't "lose it" as that would make me lowlife, I never "lost it" on any of the nightclub or pub doors I have ever worked on, I always prefer to diffuse a confrontation as opposed to inflaming it. All about choices, and more importantly standards - standards of behaviour which are apparently lacking when it is suggested that I shouldn't take my 8 year old lifelong Albion fan son to a game because the "men" want to have a tear up. My son at 8 years old has higher morals and standards than your average hooligan and that is an absolute fact, he and his generation are the future of our support.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I really don't understand all this near-hysteria about 'Wall coming down here. Anybody would think that we're still living in the era that gave us Spandau Ballet, power dressing & sodding Yuppies! I mean, when was the last time there was any significant 'twubble' between them & us? I've attended the fixture umpteen times now & the worst thing I witnessed was a bunch of Yoofs in the stand by us fighting with their Stewards. Some people need to get a grip if they think their heavy mob will be chomping at the bit to descend on our City & smash everyone & everything to pieces. Yes they've still got some real 'orrible buggers that follow them, but if the local idiots don't look to fight them there's no one for them to fight with (apart from the local Constabulary)

Although I certainly don't condone the disturbances that occured in S'ton on Saturday, it seems to me that those muppets that hang out in the Northam & give the visiting supporters (ahem) 'the big 'un' picked on the wrong bunch yesterday. Treat people with due respect & the overwhelming majority will return the sentiments.

I think you're being a bit naive here. It's 14+ years since we've had travelling fans coming down in the sort of numbers we'll see ths season & there are bound to be flash points at places like Brighton & Falmer stations. The old bill will really have their work cut out
preventing trouble at some of these games.

Jan 30, 2008
With the number of CCTV cameras all around the stadium, the fact that every seat is sold to a person on the database, the fact I know one of the fine stadium security staff means that I am 100% safe in the knowledge that IF this did happen the lowlife scum would be banned from every football stadium in the country AND I would have their name, address and so on. And no, I wouldn't "lose it" as that would make me lowlife, I never "lost it" on any of the nightclub or pub doors I have ever worked on, I always prefer to diffuse a confrontation as opposed to inflaming it. All about choices, and more importantly standards - standards of behaviour which are apparently lacking when it is suggested that I shouldn't take my 8 year old lifelong Albion fan son to a game because the "men" want to have a tear up. My son at 8 years old has higher morals and standards than your average hooligan and that is an absolute fact, he and his generation are the future of our support.
sounds good in an ideal world mate .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here