Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Stand, who is behind the Goal?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Sorry if this is has been asked before. After looking at the standium plans for the match tickets on sale for the up coming league games, I find it strage that they are not selling behind the South goal. I thought the whole point of moving away fans was so they are not behind the goal, yet it seems those blocks have been reserved for them. If they don't sell that, will there be a gap with no one behind the goal? or will the club sell them later if allocation is returned from Barnsley and Cardiff?
If so, as it seems tickets are selling slowly, can it be that those seats behind the goal will go unsold?
Also if the bigger clubs will take more allocation does that mean they are behind the Goal? Then surely that is again a disadvantage and Poyet wanted BHA fans behind both goals. I dont think any ST were sold behind the south goal so
what is the situation, does anyone know?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Ok but that thread just says they are moving. No ST were sold in the blocks directly behind the south goal (as far as I know), they are also not on general sale.
So if its not away fans, will those blocks be empty?

from that thread......south stand from block G (from by the side of the goal across to the west stand) is mixed season tickets, comps and some general sale

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
from that thread......south stand from block G (from by the side of the goal across to the west stand) is mixed season tickets, comps and some general sale

Exactly, some (very few) of Block G on sale and most of H (next to SW corner) but neither of those are behind the Goal. So the 2 blocks directly behind the goal, who is in there?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Yes they were (as far as I know).

Really? they weren't available when I bought mine in the ESU back in May. I was told they are for matchday or Away fans for FA cup allocation as 15% is needed. I would have been interested in buying behind South Goal if that was the case. However, they aren't match by match, because they aren't on sale. I hope you're right and the club sold ST's behind the goal or its gonna be away fans or empty!
Has anyone bought a ST directly behind the goal?

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Maybe they are waiting for the construction to be finished before putting them on sale in case there is a problem and the away seats aren't ready in time

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Read the answer from Insider on ask the club you will see that away supporters will be behind the goal if they sell sufficient tickets, otherwise potentially home supporters.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Read the answer from Insider on ask the club you will see that away supporters will be behind the goal if they sell sufficient tickets, otherwise potentially home supporters.

Behind the goal is always one of the first areas of a ground you should 100% make sure is filled.

Very odd from the club, and will look very poor on TV highlights if we just have a mass of empty seats where all the action is.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Behind the goal is always one of the first areas of a ground you should 100% make sure is filled.

Very odd from the club, and will look very poor on TV highlights if we just have a mass of empty seats where all the action is.

That was what I thought all along when they were just selling season tickets in the SW corner and saving match by match for the South Stand.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That WILL look shit on highlights, and will make our stadium look empty, as often the camera will be trained on the goal (obviously).

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I thought the whole point of moving away supporters was to have Albion fans behind the goal??

I thought so too. Turns out someone didn't listen. Albion Fans only behind one side of the goal IF, and then ONLY if, the away team gives back tickets. So it will only be smaller clubs that will have our fans behind part of the goal. Having said that it will probably be empty as they cant sell the first 900 available on match by match anyway, becasue they are too expensive and virtually everyone has a season ticket.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
I thought so too. Turns out someone didn't listen. Albion Fans only behind one side of the goal IF, and then ONLY if, the away team gives back tickets. So it will only be smaller clubs that will have our fans behind part of the goal. Having said that it will probably be empty as they cant sell the first 900 available on match by match anyway, becasue they are too expensive and virtually everyone has a season ticket.

I think you are misunderstanding how the South Stand will be used. Home fans WILL be behind the goal. The four blocks of the South Stand will be used as follows:
The two blocks nearest the West Stand are currently on general sale to home fans.
The block nearest the East Stand will be available to away fans but only if they take the full allocation of 3,300. If they don't then the whole of the South Stand will be available to home fans.
The other central block will always be for home fans and these will go on general sale at a later date. The reason they aren't now is because they will first need confirmation that Cardiff aren't going to need their full allocation. If a team does take their full allocation then a small part of this block wouldn't be able to be sold due to segregation.
Hope that helps!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here