Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

south coast club

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
been away on my hols for 2 weeks can anyone tell me whu the sun newspaper refers to southampton as the south coast coast club in the fixture list and in the reports of the games?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Becasue south coast club decided to ban photographers fomr St Marys, only allowing their own photographers yo get match shots. So the Sun, like all other media outlets have no choice but to pay Southamptons prices for the photos. The Sun, like some other media outfits have decided to boycot them.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The 'Roy of the Rovers' style cartoons of the goals were class :lolol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
When we go to St Marys I think we should run a photo comp and encourage all away fans to take a camera with them and just take photos for the whole game....as it's a night game the flashes will be class....winner get published by the argus...pretty sure they cant ban that!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When we go to St Marys I think we should run a photo comp and encourage all away fans to take a camera with them and just take photos for the whole game....as it's a night game the flashes will be class....winner get published by the argus...pretty sure they cant ban that!

I suspect they will be employing camera Nazis to weed out such items as a condition of entry.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
They can't confiscate peoples cameras they are valuable items. Not the same as a bottle of drink. Where there's a will there's a way. My phone (with flash) is good enough to take a decent enough photo.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
No flash gun will sufficiently illuminate a football stadium for photography. However, the floodlights do, so turn off the camera's flash and snap away to your heart's content.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Why not make it fancy dress, with the subject being related to photography...shouldn't be too difficult to make a camera hat out of a few cereal boxes, a couple of bog-roll inners and some milk bottle tops!

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Why not make it fancy dress, with the subject being related to photography...shouldn't be too difficult to make a camera hat out of a few cereal boxes, a couple of bog-roll inners and some milk bottle tops!

Great idea, love it!

And there's already a chant in place, when we visit St Mary's, to the tune of the conga, altogether now...

(holding aloft phones and cameras)

"Let's all take a photo, let's all take a photo, la la la la..."

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
No flash gun will sufficiently illuminate a football stadium for photography. However, the floodlights do, so turn off the camera's flash and snap away to your heart's content.

Exactly, the flash will just illuminate the back of the person in the row in front of you's head.

And there's already a chant in place, when we visit St Mary's, to the tune of the conga, altogether now...

(holding aloft phones and cameras)

"Let's all take a photo, let's all take a photo, la la la la..."

:clap2::clap2:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here