Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soton betting scam (when last in prem)

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Oh my! If this is true the proverbial CPFC is gonna hit the fan big time.

What do our lovely Saints chums on here make of it? Would take some of the gloss off their Premiership years I would have thought.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Didn't Le Tissier already put this out in the open years ago? I'm sure I remember him talking about putting money on the time of the first throw in, and then booting the ball straight into touch from the kick off... Or am I just imagining that?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Didn't Le Tissier already put this out in the open years ago? I'm sure I remember him talking about putting money on the time of the first throw in, and then booting the ball straight into touch from the kick off... Or am I just imagining that?

You're spot on. It was revealed years ago. This is not a story.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Hardly the 'soton betting scam' It was rife throughout the whole league. However this will not effect the premier league at all, unlike it has the Italian league.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK

Yep, the FA 'investigated' him when his autobiography came out. Great story from a brilliant bloke!

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea

I remember when they did that in Dreamteam only the ball didn't go out and it probably cost someone their life

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
You do get an idea of the average age of a Sun reader though, those not old enough to remember the Le Tissier story from what, 8 years ago?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Hardly the 'soton betting scam' It was rife throughout the whole league. However this will not effect the premier league at all, unlike it has the Italian league.

Affect
It wasn't rife it lasted a few weeks for time of 1stvthrow in & as soon as more dish than pennies was put on it , the bookies pulled it...they do notice things like that, strangely

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here