Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Sorry mate. can you give us eight quid or so. I was a patient last night.....

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
.....and I need some petrol to get home."

This young lady hangs around the hospital, and is obviously a liar. If she is by the cash machine there please let the Security know.

I got caught by her the other week, but I'll put that down to naivety and experience.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
So, she claims to have been a patient, and has a car - so presmably she drove to the hospital. For a start, if you mean Sussex Couunty, then it's damn near impoosible to park round there, and if she drove there, unless she ran out of petrol on arrival, she must still have some in the car.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I find a swift "f*** off" to anyone asking for dosh does the trick. This especially includes chuggers. I choose which charity I give money to in the comfort of my own home thanks.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I find saying "Didn't you do the same thing last week?" shuts them up.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
.....and I need some petrol to get home."

This young lady hangs around the hospital, and is obviously a liar. If she is by the cash machine there please let the Security know.

I got caught by her the other week, but I'll put that down to naivety and experience.

This isn't the same woman that sounds like an absolute pikey and wears a black top/dress does she?!

If so, I've seen her at Hove station after a couple of 20:20 cricket games and even at Brighton outside Budgens, haven't given her a penny and never bloody will!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Remember the 10p man in Brighton years ago?... just came up to you and said 10p....

When we were playing at the InnPlace on the seafront, he would come in there every 30 mins or so...buy a beer and go out again to get more 10p's haha
I used to say 'Yes please' when approached with the '10P' question...

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
This isn't the same woman that sounds like an absolute pikey and wears a black top/dress does she?!

If so, I've seen her at Hove station after a couple of 20:20 cricket games and even at Brighton outside Budgens, haven't given her a penny and never bloody will!

That description sounds about right!

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I quite admire the people who do it at train stations; there's a kind of quiet acknowledgement that you both know it's begging which saves on the patronising.

However the specificity of eight quid and outside a hospital of all places is very bad show. She needs a swift kick in the shins.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
To be honest I'm more likely to give to beggars if they're honest. The ones who admit they want it for drugs or beer might get a little bit from me, at least they're not being pricks about it.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i bought a homeless man a brolly once, felt sorry for him cause he was sitting there in the pissing rain. gave it to him and he said 'thanks but i already have one in my bag'. knob.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be honest I'm more likely to give to beggars if they're honest. The ones who admit they want it for drugs or beer might get a little bit from me, at least they're not being pricks about it.

This.

Once in Manchester in December, in sub zero temperatures, I felt desperately sorry for a guy asking for cash for a hot drink.

So I went into McDonalds and bought him a large coffee, and brought it out to him. Was he grateful? Was he f***.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Some of the top "begging" spots in London can earn the "beggar" a £1000 a day. At the end of the day they go home to their nice 3 bed house.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here