Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Songs from yesterday's match

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Three observations
1/ "It's all gone quiet over there" Fate tempter especially when sung at 1-0 o.k. so it worked out well in the end but still a bit tinpot and done to death, not for me jeff
2/ "You've seen the albion now etc etc" hate it when sung to us, and even more when we sing it. Surely we are better than that.
3/ "BHA oh we love you, we're the sussex boys in the white and blue" great normally except yesterday we were not, they were the team in those colours!

The third point is so simply fixed with a simple tweak when we play in a changed strip e.g. for yesterday -
Brighton and hove albion
we love you so
we're the sussex boys
in black and yellow

we could even add a comedic and tongue in cheek second verse
and under each arm
a strip of white
it's a little bid odd
and doesn't look right

although maybe that is a step too far!
and before anyone says i am entirely negative i absolutely loved the ole passing chant that went on for so long that even our own fans were tiring of it! superb!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Three observations
1/ "It's all gone quiet over there" Fate tempter especially when sung at 1-0 o.k. so it worked out well in the end but still a bit tinpot and done to death, not for me jeff
2/ "You've seen the albion now etc etc" hate it when sung to us, and even more when we sing it. Surely we are better than that.
3/ "BHA oh we love you, we're the sussex boys in the white and blue" great normally except yesterday we were not, they were the team in those colours!

The third point is so simply fixed with a simple tweak when we play in a changed strip e.g. for yesterday -
Brighton and hove albion
we love you so
we're the sussex boys
in black and yellow

we could even add a comedic and tongue in cheek second verse
and under each arm
a strip of white
it's a little bid odd
and doesn't look right

although maybe that is a step too far!
and before anyone says i am entirely negative i absolutely loved the ole passing chant that went on for so long that even our own fans were tiring of it! superb!

When we DESTROYED CPFC2010 at the Amex in February ...... I fkn loved that.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton and hove albion
we love you so
we're the sussex boys
in black and yellow
*blue and yellow

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
1/ it’s older than God, what can you do?

2/ agreed, it’s proper shit and I don’t sing it however as I personally fail to offer up an alternative I’m not sure my opinion is even valid.

3/ let’s not get picky here bearing in mind since about 2002 (I stand to be corrected) Brighton And Hove aren’t even “Sussex boys”
Let’s not bother ourselves over the fact we’re wearing our away kit.
Not to mention Worthing’s version doesn’t even rhyme but they still get to sleep at night.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The song I want to sing again is "we're all going on a European tour".

Hopefully we can dust that off over Christmas.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Can we get a good original, easy to sing FH song going please? And I asked elsewhere but what's the first proper line of the JPvH song please?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I love the ‘there’s no one there, there’s no one there’ chant. Tres late 80s away days at lower league grounds
I always thought it was "shit ground, no fans".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here