Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Son or Mitoma... who's the better player?

Who's better?

• Son

Votes: 44 44.9%
  • Mitoma

Votes: 54 55.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
as @Doc Lynam suggests, the only comparison is their Asian ethnicity. You might as well compare Mohamed Salah with Danny Welbeck because they are both Black/Brown.

Son is one of the best forwards/attacking players in the World, probably one of the best players in the World, has a wealth of UEFA experience, has scored well over 100 goals in the EPL, over 200 in top flight football, won numerous accolades including the Golden Boot, captains a big 7 Club, has captained the South Korean squad. He’s more positionally versatile than Mitoma, has two excellent feet and very clinical in front of goal.

I love Mitoma, he’s no doubt one of the best wide progressors of the ball in the game when in possession but he has nowhere near the level of experience and shooting capabilities of Son imo.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
as @Doc Lynam suggests, the only comparison is their Asian ethnicity. You might as well compare Mohamed Salah with Danny Welbeck because they are both Black.

Son is one of the best forwards/attacking players in the World, probably one of the best players in the World, has a wealth of UEFA experience, has scored well over 100 goals in the EPL, over 200 in top flight football, won numerous accolades including the Golden Boot, captains a big 7 Club, has captained the South Korean squad. He’s more positionally versatile than Mitoma, has two excellent feet and very clinical in front of goal.

I love Mitoma, he’s no doubt one of the best wide progressors of the ball in the game when in possession but he has nowhere near the level of experience and shooting capabilities of Son imo.
Is Mohamed Salah black!?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
as @Doc Lynam suggests, the only comparison is their Asian ethnicity. You might as well compare Mohamed Salah with Danny Welbeck because they are both Black.

Son is nowhere near one of the best in the world, his pace is going and in all honestly looks lost without Kane.
Pathetic against Leicester and tbh wasn’t great last season.
Good player on his day although Mitoma for me is over taking. Who would you rather watch now Son or Mitoma?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Son clearly wins this for me.

He has scored at least a dozen prem league gaols for the last 10 years !

Get some perspective people !

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Is Mohamed Salah black!?
No - he’s a brown, Egyptian Afro-Arab so poor comparison - I stand corrected.

But the point remains - comparing Mitoma to Son just because he’s from the same continent doesn’t really wash.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Son is nowhere near one of the best in the world, his pace is going and in all honestly looks lost without Kane.
Pathetic against Leicester and tbh wasn’t great last season.
Good player on his day although Mitoma for me is over taking. Who would you rather watch now Son or Mitoma?
He‘s 32 years old ffs - of course his pace is going.

Perhaps wait 5 years and see if Mitoma reaches the level Son has reached in his career. Pelé, Messi, Mbappé, Renaldo etc don’t lose their accolades because they’re dead or reached retirement age. Otherwise you could say every player in the English League is currently a better footballer than Pelé :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He‘s 32 years old ffs - of course his pace is going.

Perhaps wait 5 years and see if Mitoma reaches the level Son has reached in his career.
For technical ability Mitoma is the better player. And what’s Son won with Spurs exactly?
Maybe who should have said was one the best in the world in your opinion and not is.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Odd question

Son has been in the top 10 players in the PL for about 8 years. Son is the better player

Mitoma is younger and his best years are likely still ahead of him. so I wouldn't make the swap

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
IMO Mitoma is the one player we cannot afford to lose this window, I'm still dreading a silly £ bid coming in next week. I would be GUTTED if we sold him this season.
We've got some VERY good attacking players, but Mitoma is the one that oppo fans are consistently worried about, and with good reason.

N/A comparison though. Son is a striker, Mitoma is a winger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here