Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Something to be proud of.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i've been quite surprised by the number of cards we are picking up each game, for a team thats supposed to play good football.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yeah - I sometimes wonder if we will have a big enough squad to cover the Christmas fixtures as most players will be suspended by then. I guess this is another of Gus's "risks" in playing the possession game in difficult areas of the field.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
More moans GUS OUT might aswell get the band wagon rolling as that's were these threads seem to be heading.

seagulls

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Dunk has a lot to answer for, has a disgraceful number of cards for this stage of the season.

Our discipline has improved remarkably this season but that seems to coincide with the fact referees have stopped giving the opposition 2 penalties a game!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Yeah - I sometimes wonder if we will have a big enough squad to cover the Christmas fixtures as most players will be suspended by then. I guess this is another of Gus's "risks" in playing the possession game in difficult areas of the field.

:lol::lol:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Dunk has a lot to answer for, has a disgraceful number of cards for this stage of the season.

Our discipline has improved remarkably this season but that seems to coincide with the fact referees have stopped giving the opposition 2 penalties a game!

Dunks Sunday morning pub team hack at the Hammers game was enough to get him rested methinks

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think you need to look at other stats to give them context. That's just about cards. Look at the leeds game, we got 5 yellows in that game on the back of eight fouls. Leeds also got 5 yellows, but they got them on the back of eighteen fouls. What is dirtier 8 fouls or 18?

Birmingham 16 fouls 1 yellow
Brighton 13 fouls 2 yellows

Brighton 12 fouls 4 yellow
West Ham 11 fouls 1 yellow

Portsmouth 23 fouls 5 yellows
Brighton 16 fouls 4 yellows

I'd say the yellow card count needs some context before we hang our team for poor discipline. There certainly seems an imbalance in yellow cards/fouls in several of our matches.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Several of the yellows have been "taking one for the team". I've seen Dunk and Greer both take the yellow rather than let a break happen against us. Its part of the learning curve of this division and increase in speed of play that we're still getting used to. Over the season i doubt will still be bottom as i don't feel we are an inherently dirty team

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i've been quite surprised by the number of cards we are picking up each game, for a team thats supposed to play good football.

How is the kind of football we play in any way relevant to the number of bookings we get ?

And besides you get a yellow for nothing these days.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Several of the yellows have been "taking one for the team". I've seen Dunk and Greer both take the yellow rather than let a break happen against us. Its part of the learning curve of this division and increase in speed of play that we're still getting used to. Over the season i doubt will still be bottom as i don't feel we are an inherently dirty team

I can see us being rock bottom of that league all season I'm afraid.
As you rightly say the guys are falling on their sword to deprive a possible goal. Mistakes are going to occur at the back every so often and a yellow is better than a red and certainly better than a goal. It's the rough with the smooth that we get with Gus' style.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Said it before and say it again, I believe Dunk and Greer have taken their fair share of yellows due to 'taking one for the team' because we aren't defending as a unit and they are the last line.

[Edit] JCL beat me to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here