Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some questions about the team

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I can only take at face value feed back on NSC but seeing as scoring was one of our major problems last season do our big money acquisitions (by our standards) look like improving that situation?.

There seems to be lots of comments about the lack of service but watching the championship goals on SSN last night a fair few players seem to be making their own goals from outside the box, do they look like they can do?

Finally a general question about the budget that I expect no one except from within the club can answer, we have spent the coke money and have spent 100k on zorro but that still leaves the club 1.6m up on transfer deals, would it be unreasonable to expect that we'll spend at least another 500k before the end of august on some still essential team strengthening. My concern is that 'oh it's all gone quiet over there' and talk of trialists and signings seem to have stopped. But that may be just because I haven't paid for the privilege to hear such things via SW.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hi Kev

i think that MM feels he has tried very hard in getting people in that he wanted and he has been knocked back time and time again.

If we are putting seats in ( after last night I am not sure why- 6,500 only) and buying the remaining seats ( again not sure why) I think that all money will go on that. I assume no more transfer funds are available, but I wait to be pleasantly surprised

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
munster monch said:
I can only take at face value feed back on NSC but seeing as scoring was one of our major problems last season do our big money acquisitions (by our standards) look like improving that situation?.

There seems to be lots of comments about the lack of service but watching the championship goals on SSN last night a fair few players seem to be making their own goals from outside the box, do they look like they can do?

The strikers need the ball to score the goals where ever on the pitch they come from, not going to happen with our midfield passing it sideways all the game

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I knew I could rely on you Dave, cheers, :lolol:

But having being told that a substantial part of the transfer money would be available for team building would that not be a bit hard to accept for your average punter.

As for the seats, I can only assume that as they are a few years old now that buying them was cheaper than the rental costs. otherwise why buy them when Falmer is potentially only a couple of years away. I also find it odd that it is being done after it has been reported that putting the extra seats in will probably not bring in any more revenue after costs. But there you go.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Re: Re: Some questions about the team

Rookie said:
The strikers need the ball to score the goals where ever on the pitch they come from, not going to happen with our midfield passing it sideways all the game

I kind of accept that but always find it a convenient excuse too as there are loads of examples in the past where a striker gets a lot of goals in a shit team.

Not saying we are a shit team:lolol:

McGhee is hard at work trying to bring us a bit of cutting edge and flair out wide. He made it clear that this problem couldn't be solved straight away but it would take time to snare the right player on loan. We are trialling the French guy right now, possibly the Rangers guy may be freed up in the next few weeks/months and other better options may be still ahead.

In the meantime, we are trying a wing-less midfield. It looked good against a decent side on Saturday, but less so against a Reading side in top form last night. Balanced lessons have to be drawn about that, with particular attention to babies not being thrown out with the bathwater.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Talking of cutting edge and flair - can someone tell me why Jarrett - who played the majority of the pre-seasons games (and looked good in most of them) was not even on the bench against Derby or last night????

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
dave the gaffer said:

If we are putting seats in ( after last night I am not sure why- 6,500 only) and buying the remaining seats ( again not sure why) I think that all money will go on that.

Last nights crowd was 6,676 which is pretty good considering the gaps in the Reading end. Most early season games at Withdean have struggled to get much over 6,000 in previous seasons.

zakthemack

Aug 9, 2005
Columbus, OH USA
The worst thing about the game last night is hearing Bobby Convey produce the second goal. As most US fans will tell you, Convey has been a huge dissappointment.

For those who were at the match last eve, how would you rate Henderson's performance? On the radio it sounded like he should've done better on both goals.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
[
For those who were at the match last eve, how would you rate Henderson's performance? On the radio it sounded like he should've done better on both goals. [/B][/QUOTE]

lets put it this way....if blayney was plaiyng it would have been
0-0!!!

:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here