Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sold out?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
It seems the ticket site is f%$cked just for a change- it's telling me the spuds gameis sold out- which it clearly isnt.

anyone else having problems getting tickets tonight?

this situation really is a joke.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Go to reserved items when you've logged in before you contunue with unwarranted criticisms. Your tickets will be there including any friends and family.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was thinking about this earlier - just what can we do to help people? How many have given up when they wanted to buy tickets as they thought the game was sold out?

People don't read help pages, they don't read FAQs...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was thinking about this earlier - just what can we do to help people? How many have given up when they wanted to buy tickets as they thought the game was sold out?

The club need to sort it out! Daft to have a header saying sold out on all games when they aren't. Not rocket science really.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

How can we help?

The most effective way has to be lobbying the club to making changes to this travesty of an online ticketing system.

How this made it through user acceptance testing I have no idea. If this is a purchased tool, it's not fit for purpose. If it's been designed in-house, then there's some serious learning to be done.

Assuming there won't be wholesale alterations to site design:

'Sold Out' should be changed to 'Reserved sales period' with custom message and link on the basis of points/eligibility

'Add my Reserved tickets' should be changed to something like 'Purchase my reserved seat'

And friends and family should NOT be included by default. Ridiculous.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
The club need to sort it out! Daft to have a header saying sold out on all games when they aren't. Not rocket science really.

agreed, bit sad that people have to come on here to get the answer- cheers though peeps

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
'Sold Out' should be changed to 'Reserved sales period' with custom message and link on the basis of points/eligibility

'Add my Reserved tickets' should be changed to something like 'Purchase my reserved seat'

These are all points that [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] was raising with the club as per the sticky 'constructive criticism' thread. Any luck with that so far, Bozza? Probably a bit hopeful to think that they might've had this resolved by today.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Funnily enough though, it's the lack of capacity to deal with a surge of users I find the most disappointing. The advantage of websites is their ability to process large numbers, removing the pressure from phone based systems. I repeatedly tried calling the ticket office today, because the website failed to accomodate large numbers of concurrent users.

Yes, surges in demand cannot always be accomodated BUT it was virtually unavailable all day - and I doubt the numbers were large by internet standards. Or NSC standards for that matter.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
f*** it - Donny it is - in this day and age having a hosting capability that can deal with a few thousand concurrent users isn't rocket science - saved me a few bob I guess

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
And when you hit 'add my reserved seats' it added them all for all games, i then had to unclick games. Not an ideal system as not very user friendly but hopefully club take on board feedback and update. The usage thing is just crazy!! I tried logging on continually from 9.30 til 2pm and finally gave up. Joined the telephone queue at 69 and waited an hour and 20 mins. Needless to say I wasn't very productive at work. I came home and out of curiosity I tried logging in and still couldn't. 7.30 was the earliest I could get in. The club advise you to use Internet for bookings but they seem to forget we have something like 18,000 STH now and an Internet site that can't seem to handle more than 50!!

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
How can we help?

The most effective way has to be lobbying the club to making changes to this travesty of an online ticketing system.

How this made it through user acceptance testing I have no idea. If this is a purchased tool, it's not fit for purpose. If it's been designed in-house, then there's some serious learning to be done.

Assuming there won't be wholesale alterations to site design:

I may be wrong but I believe this is a SaaS product purchased from IRIS solutions...so I am not surprised.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here