Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soccer Aid 2008

Guillem Balague

Jun 28, 2008
Anyone else watching?

???

Fantastic entertainment, and all for a good cause.

:clap:

Pollini has just gone down and has had to be taken off.

:laugh:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't stand it.

Another example of our Heat magazine culture, in which the TV producers try to sell a bunch of fat washed up actors, a couple of boyband rejects, a pretty one from Hollyoaks and Robbie Williams' "special friend" (even by TV's usual barrel-scraping standards, it's pushing it to class him as a celebrity) as entertainment.

Fine, it's all in a good cause, but why do they have to take up an entire evening's programming with it? And why do the managers and commentators involved talk it up like they actually give a shit?

The only saving grace is that it's replaced ITV's normal Sunday evening binfest of a schedule.

Even worse than so-called Masters Football on Sky: at least that doesn't have screeching girls waving McFly banners.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Can't stand it.

Another example of our Heat magazine culture, in which the TV producers try to sell a bunch of fat washed up actors, a couple of boyband rejects, a pretty one from Hollyoaks and Robbie Williams' "special friend" (even by TV's usual barrel-scraping standards, it's pushing it to class him as a celebrity) as entertainment.

Fine, it's all in a good cause, but why do they have to take up an entire evening's programming with it? And why do the managers and commentators involved talk it up like they actually give a shit?

The only saving grace is that it's replaced ITV's normal Sunday evening binfest of a schedule.

Even worse than so-called Masters Football on Sky: at least that doesn't have screeching girls waving McFly banners.

But are you watching it Edna?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But are you watching it Edna?

No...I'm on the computer...can't you tell?

Saw about 5 minutes at the start, which persuaded me my evening could be more constructively spent.

So I opened a bottle of wine and logged on to YouTube :thumbsup:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Can't stand it.

Romario, figo, shearer, sheringham, seaman, stam, le saux.

its a fantastic showing of some past hero's and all for a good cause. great entertainment.

i cant see how anyone could possibly criticise it?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
great entrtainment,my sons so enjoying seeing legends on the pitch

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
seeing shearer and sherigham together is just brilliant.

The last generation of PROPER FOOTBALLERS before the money got COMPLETELY BARMY in my opinion.

Also i will always respect Le Saux. Puts up with so much crap, for no reason, but is a brilliant co commentator and still a great footballer.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
sheeeeeaaaaarer. classic header. he could still play i tell ye!!!

and the mcfly winger looks a PROSPECT. sign him up!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
& what a cross by that kiddie out of McFly (of all frickin groups, eh?)!

Could do a job?

* Edit: Beat me to it. Doh! *

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Can't stand it.

Could you look at it in a more depressing way? Maybe they spin it out to get more viewers and therefore more money for the charity:shrug:
How can you not want to watch BRIAN LARA playing football and hes actually quite good!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
id love this england 11 to start on wednesday, SAS still could do a job

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here