Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So you left The Etihad with 5 minutes to go...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Phenomenal quote from Baker.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
That and Merson almost spontaneously combusting on Sky Sports News really put a smile of my face. I don't support or favour united or city but the sheer excitement and drama of how it all unfolded had me jumping around the room in delight. Strange thing football how it can spark such emotion! Loved it.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Not sure they actually left the ground "with five minutes to go". They might just have been ticketless fans who wanted to get as close as they could to the action.

After all, a fair few turned up to the last game at the Goldstone just to be around the ground, even if they couldn't get in.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Loving the people climbing up the outside of the ground to get in to see the celebrations.

Am surprised at how well contained the noise was in the ground when the winner went in. That's one thing that never comes across on TV that well the sheer volume.

Storer's winner against Donny might only have been celebrated by the 11,000 in the Goldstone Ground but i'd never heard a noise like it before! You would have thought that 43,000 City fans could have managed a bit more than that!

D

Deleted member 18477

Not sure they actually left the ground "with five minutes to go". They might just have been ticketless fans who wanted to get as close as they could to the action.

After all, a fair few turned up to the last game at the Goldstone just to be around the ground, even if they couldn't get in.

this. you would have expected all the early leavers to try and run back in when it went to 2-2.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

There were quite a few fans that did leave early, all the journalists commented on seeing people walking out. As someone else said, they'd waited 44 years, but couldn't hang on a few more minutes.

Reminded me of all the people who left Withdean before the end of the Swindon game

D

Deleted member 18477

Loving the people climbing up the outside of the ground to get in to see the celebrations.

Am surprised at how well contained the noise was in the ground when the winner went in. That's one thing that never comes across on TV that well the sheer volume.

Storer's winner against Donny might only have been celebrated by the 11,000 in the Goldstone Ground but i'd never heard a noise like it before! You would have thought that 43,000 City fans could have managed a bit more than that!

their stadium is built to keep the noise in like ours though surely.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
quality video taken from a fan inside Etihad of all 3 goals...... reminds me of first amex game, idiots who left early have missed a once in a lifetime moment.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
quality video taken from a fan inside Etihad of all 3 goals...... reminds me of first amex game, idiots who left early have missed a once in a lifetime moment.

Must be the prawn sandwich section , camera hardly shaking , loads standing just clapping. Poor celebration

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Really want to see at game at the Etihad. Looks such a class stadium and my favourite in the Premiership. It's the Amex's big brother.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
That and Merson almost spontaneously combusting on Sky Sports News really put a smile of my face. I don't support or favour united or city but the sheer excitement and drama of how it all unfolded had me jumping around the room in delight. Strange thing football how it can spark such emotion! Loved it.

This.

Paul Merson was f***ing HILARIOUS. "Oh my GOD! They're kissing and hugging! Love bites and everything! Bloody Hell!!"

Superb stuff

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So can people not have a favourite moment in the Prem if they weren't literally there ? :facepalm:

Errmmmm no I didn't say anything of the sort. s/he said it was his/her favourite ground in the prem.

I was questioning how it could possibly be his/her favourite when s/he hasn't even been there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here