Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who was it arranged for the West Pier to be burned?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Those with the most to gain had to be the Noble Organisation, owners of the Palace Pier.

Who else would want to ensure it wasn't rebuilt?

The fire can hardly have started "accidentally"!!

What happened to the police enquiry?

What do we know about Noble? Many companies involved in the "amusements" business have connections to organised crime.

I walked by the West Pier today and it's a bloody shame what has happened to it.

D

Deleted User X18H

Since this incident we have had a Tsunami, Mark Mcghee, 7/7 Euro 2004 ,won, the ashes, oh and I think the Rugby World Cup.........but anyway who burned down the West Pier and are they still alive ??

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
What about the kids paddling pool? It's been f***ing tarmaced (is that a word?) over!!!!!

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
So who was it arranged for the West Pier to be burned?

Not once but twice and got away with it!
Clearly not Ken Richardson then

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
There was a rumer that the people that acctually OWN the West Pier did the deed as it would cost too much to reconstruct it (Being a listed building) so they tried to burn it down and start again.

I think thats the rumer anyhow

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
possible suspects- chrif eubank (once offered to buy the west pier, so he could live on the end? oh, how he laughed..)

palace pier people- didnt they akso object to lottery funding of any rebuild, as it would be unfair competition? hello! they had it all to themselves for 25 odd years!

west pier trust- trying to get rid of an embarrasing eyesore.. shifting attention to this new i360 bolox wont work either, y'know..

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
attila said:
The same bloke who burned down the Resources Centre in 1981..
and got away with it because the police hated the place

Resources Centre? where was that?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Thanks for your suggestions and comments, but I would like to know what has happened to the police enquiry. Must have been arson, therefore why haven't the police acted?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Never mind that, who is responsible for the clousure of Rottingdean swimming pool?

I went to Rottingdean last summer for about the first time in twenty years and the pool had DISAPPEARED.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
El Presidente said:
Never mind that, who is responsible for the clousure of Rottingdean swimming pool?

I went to Rottingdean last summer for about the first time in twenty years and the pool had DISAPPEARED.

That is poor, used to bunk in their after dark for a shag with my then girlfriend around 20 to 25 years ago.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Obviously the Noble organisation are behind it BUT why not blame Van Hoogstraten for it? He's not been involved in any controversy for a while now...

(famous last words?)

Going back even further, what about the fire at the Bedford?

This may be totally wrong as (a) it was a long time ago and (b) my memory isn't what it was (!) but I seem to remember that they were refused permission to rebuild and then the hotel mysteriously burned down. At least one person was killed (can't remember the exact details).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Beach Hut said:
That is poor, used to bunk in their after dark for a shag with my then girlfriend around 20 to 25 years ago.

Was this BEFORE she became Ernest?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
El Presidente said:
Was this BEFORE she became Ernest?

The WUG would not be happy with comments like that :angry:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
attila said:
The same bloke who burned down the Resources Centre in 1981..
and got away with it because the police hated the place

same bloke who burned down the South Stand?

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fourteenth Eye said:
Its an open secret that the owners of the palace pier did it.

They were pissed off about the lottery funding and were scared of the competion.

allegedly!!!!!!

ade you should know better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here